Chapter 10 - Answers

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ☁︎   ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

The sun slowly fell on another night in Sagemore, the hue of the sky darker than it usually is, with a slight breeze to accompany the night. Elise stood outside the building, facing the empty courtyard. The grass was soft and slightly damp from the air and felt nice against Elise's hands. She pulled out a wad of grass and ripped between her hands before throwing it as far as could. The pavement was slightly ahead of her. This place reminded Elise of many bruises and scraped knees from her mandatory PE lessons which wee much more common when she was younger.

Elise sees a young image of herself running faster than the other students, feeling triumphant passing her fellow students. It was a rare happy memory before an image formed of Anna, crying with her large eyes and whispering "information".

Elise was struck back to reality, the wind was brisk and no longer peaceful and the sky had darkened. Elise reached into her back pocket and pulled out the empty oull bottle.

"ZENOTHIDE" the unknown word read, the label horribly bold and bright.

"Elise!" A woman yelled from a far corner.

Elise hid the bottle behind her back and quickly to recognise the not comforting, comforting face.

"You know its your bedtime. Up!" Nurse Deborah commanded, her hand pointing upwards like a sergeant.

Elise fumbled with the bottle behind her back, feeling the ridges of the bottle cap with her fingers before formulating the seemingly perfect response. 

"Nurse Deborah, do you think we can talk for a little while, I can't sleep, not with what's happened today"

Nurse Deborah silently looked back, remaining stiff and emotionless.

"We can talk in the morning Elise" Nurse Deborah responded.

"No please, it needs to be tonight, can we talk, in your office?"

Students were not permitted into Nurse Deborah's office, it was considered off-bounds. Elise remained upset, staring into the eyes of Nurse Deborah, and soon tears began to fall almost instantly. Perhaps Elise was truly upset about Anna, or she was a master manipulator, even to herself.

Nurse Deborah's hard exterior began to fall, her eyes softened and she groaned with false annoyance.

"Five minutes"

Nurse Deborah jerked her head towards the building Elise followed her inside, walking in silence down the long hallway to her office.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ☁︎   ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆ ⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

Her office door was old and rickety, the wood rotting by the sides and creaked loudly when opened, sending an echo through the empty halls.

Nurse Deborah walked into the small room first, which grew in size when entered. Shelves and shelves sat on the walls, some bending in the centre from the weight on the many prescriptions bottles. The room was messy and disorganised, plasters packets on the ground, a finished lighter, which Elise recognised as the one Nurse Deborah tried to light her cigarette with at Olive's funeral service. The room felt cold and unveiling, the faded white walls and low ceiling made the room claustrophobic and uncomfortable.

Nurse Deborah closed the door behind, putting the keys in the table beside a carton of cigarettes and took a seat in a small room wooden chair in the corner of the room. She pointed to Elise to sit, when she turned she saw an even smaller stool in the other corner of the room. They both sat and simply stared at each other for a moment.