FIN | THIRTY-TWO

chp. 32 (last)

"You look nervous."

"That's because I am," Ryujin replied to her sister as she dug through her closet. It was her seventh outfit and it wasn't working, so she was hunting for other clothes she may have. Never in her life would she have known that she'd be here right now, destroying her closet's organization system, simply because she was going on a date.

Oh, there's one thing missing.

She was going on a date with Hwang Yeji.

And it wasn't just any date.

It was a Valentines date.

Not that it made much difference, because to Ryujin, any date with Yeji was just as nerve-racking as this one.

Yeji brought that out in her.

The nervous, unsure, and overthinking side of her. But Ryujin liked that, it practically proved how special of a person Yeji was to her.

"It's like what, your twentieth date together? Why are you nervous?" Yuna asked again, leaning on her sister's closet doorframe with her phone in her right hand, her fingers tapping away at the screen.

"I don't know either." Ryujin turned off her closet light. "Move, I gotta get my helmet."

Yuna obliged with her eyes still glued to her screen, only to tuck it away when the older Shin walked through the door. "You're thirty minutes early." She trailed behind the latter.

"Being early is better than being late."

"That's debatable." Yuna jogged down the stairs to catch up with her sister, snatching one of the crackers from their snack table before munching on one. "By the way, can you ask mom and dad if I can go out too? They won't say yes to me unless you, the caring and responsible sister, ask them."

Ryujin paused in her tracks, her left brow slowly raising. Her sister was a lively girl, no doubt, but this late?

Suspicious.

"What could you possibly be doing out on Valen..." Ryujin gasped. "DOES MY BABY SISTER HAVE A VALENTINES DATE??!"

Yuna kicked her sister in the shin, stuffing the older's mouth with the cracker in hand. "What? It's not a crime! I'm fifteen!"

Crack, crack.

"Yeah! You're only fifteen!" Ryujin exclaimed around the cracker, chewing it hastily and swallowing it before the younger could say anything else. "Spill the beans, who's your date?" She crossed her arms.

Yuna huffed, mimicking the other. "None of your business."

Ryujin narrowed her eyes. "Do you want to go?"

With a sigh, Yuna clamped her hands together. "Please, Ryu. Just one time! I never ask you for anything in particular! I didn't even tell Yeji how you drank toilet water before... Imagine how she wouldn't want to kiss you—"

"YUNA!"

"Let me go!"

Even though she'd like to know Yuna's date before agreeing, Ryujin decided that the younger was wise enough to go out with someone reasonable, someone that Ryujin probably needn't worry about. Thus, she let out a defeated sigh. "Fine."

Yuna's eyes lit up. "Thanks! I owe you." She patted the older on the shoulder and ran back up the stairs, eager to prepare herself for the date after confirmation.