TWENTY-FIVE

chp. 25

"Hey, Ryu!"

The said girl snapped her gaze to the direction of the voice, plastering on a small smile when she spotted Isa running towards her desk. She was the girl that had first approached her after the accident, probably the first girl to gain a spot on Ryujin's contacts list too, with the intention that Ryujin was completely oblivious to. "Hi, Isa."

Right before Isa spoke, most of Ryujin's friends had caught up, stopping by her desk. "We're going to the movies after school today! My dad gave us free tickets, want to come with?"

"Uh..." Fiddling with the hem of her sweatshirt, Ryujin averted her gaze, chewing on her lip as she thought. She had planned to hangout with Yeji again today, even though she hasn't informed the latter yet, and hoped to carry it out. However, it has been a little over a while since she went out with her friends, as she often busied herself with the bakery or comic books. "I'll see?"

"You should come," Minjeong butted in, arms crossed over her chest. The look in her eyes sent a specific message that Ryujin caught. "It could take your mind off some things."

"I also have a minion costume in my house too!" Seungmin exclaimed, his head popping out from the other girls'.

"I'll be Gru," Yeonjun grinned, soon followed by a loud laughter, specifically talking to the other boy.

"Jisu can be Agnes," Chaeryeong contributed, giggling when the said girl raised her fist in threat. "You've got the height!"

"Yah! It's not even a minion-related movie!"

"Fine..." Ryujin mumbled, gaining the attention of her friends.

Ningning's eyes narrowed. "Why do I feel like there's a twist—"

"Only if Yeji can come."

"I knew it!"

Receiving either teasing looks or facades of disgust — plus Minjeong's "that's not what I meant" look —, Ryujin didn't notice the way Isa's expression faded. "Yeji? Isn't that your..." she trailed off under her breath, standing upright with her nail in between her teeth.

"But.." Minjeong suddenly interrupted, hesitantly raising her hand so the others could see. "If Ryujin can bring Yeji, then can I—"

"Yeah, yeah, you can bring your girlfriend." Chaeryeong rolled her eyes playfully, snorting when Minjeong adorably muttered a 'yes!'.

"If that's the case, then I'll bring Soobin too," Yeonjun said quickly, almost too fast to the point where most people missed his entire sentence. However, one individual did not.

"Soobin?!" Jisu gaped. "Since when did you have a thing with my brother??"

"N-No, it's not like that!" Yeonjun defended, making an 'X' with his arms. Unfortunately, the smaller girl was enraged, more at the fact that they had been doing this behind her back rather than the newfound information of their whole relationship. "I said it's not like thAAAT—" Yeonjun's voice cracked and soon shifted to a scream due to the furious girl that was now chasing him.

"Anyway!" Isa cleared her throat, directing the attention back to her while the other two ran around the classroom like cat and mouse. "Since we're having plus-ones, I'll bring someone as well. And, I need to ask dad for more tickets, might take some time."

"Fine with me," Ryujin shrugged, placing her elbows on her desk before resting her chin in her palm. "I need to tell Yeji too." She smiled as the mentioned girl popped into her mind, reminding her of their library and hospital adventures yesterday. But not only that, an unpleasant memory of another individual's name coming out of Yeji's mouth had also surfaced, reminding her that things did not end the way she wanted it to last night — and the fact that she could no longer hide her flashbacks from the brunette as well.