Snake Eyes

The urgency in Minerva's voice helped launch Y/N out of bed. He deftly rolled out of Hermione's grip and moved over to his wardrobe; he threw a set of robes on over his pyjamas just as his mother spoke again.

'I need to go wake the Weasleys, I shall meet you downstairs.'

'I'll head straight to Dumbledore's office,' said Y/N, 'Eternus can take me.'

He heard Minerva begin retreating down the stairs as he turned back to the two other occupants of the room. Hermione, a mix between asleep and alert, and Eternus, who took off from their perch the moment he was ready.

'Be back as soon as I can be,' said Y/N, looking towards Hermione.

'Kick the ass of whoever it is,' she said with a warm smile. Y/N nodded and clapped his hands upwards, grabbing Eternus' claws. In a pillar of fire, he vanished, and next second the fire dimmed as for the second time, Professor Dumbledore's office melted into view.

Harry was already here, but to Y/N's surprise, so was Ron, he looked very pale and jumped when Y/N appeared.

'You asked for me Professor?' said Y/N, stopping only to nod at his two friends.

'Arthur Weasley has been grievously injured in his services to the Order of the Phoenix,' said Dumbledore at once.

Y/N felt his heart stop for a second, then his blood began to boil.

'Who?' he snarled.

'We do not know yet,' said Dumbledore. 'Harry has seen the attack from the eyes of a snake. We assume Lord Voldemort's. I asked Fawkes to be on the lookout for Dolores Umbridge, would you please take Eternus to the Burrow and inform Molly that Arthur has been taken to St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries?'

'Of course,' said Y/N. 'Should I take anyone else? If all of the Weasleys and Harry are going to the Burrow anyway-'

'That was their original plan,' said Dumbledore, 'but I have changed it. It is safer at Grimmauld Place.'

'Y/N-' began Ron.

'I'll look after her mate; I won't let anyone attack her either,' said Y/N.

Ron nodded shakily.

Eternus flew back overhead and Y/N clapped his hands upwards again, another pillar of flame enveloped him, flooding away into the darkened sky and damp lawn of the Burrow.

Y/N ran forward, Eternus landing gently on his shoulder and swaying with his movements.

He crossed the lawn in a flash and banged heavily on the front door.

Mrs Weasley had evidently not gone to bed yet, no doubt waiting up for her husband, within a few moments, the door was ripped open. Mrs Weasley's face faltered for half a second when she saw Y/N and then realisation seemed to set in.

'Arthur-?'

'St Mungos,' said Y/N quickly.

'I'm going,' said Mrs Weasley, waving her wand and causing a coat near the door to come soaring out, she shoved her arms into it and threw it on.

'All my love, I'm going to head back, see to it that the others are safe.'

Mrs Weasley nodded in appreciation and turned on the spot just as Eternus took flight again.

Another swirl of flame, and he was standing back in Dumbledore's office just as the door opened-

'Y/N, Harry!' said Ginny, hurrying over, Fred and George following behind her with Minerva, 'What's going on? Professor McGonagall says Dad's hurt-'