Chapter 15

The test had come back after a few more hours, they showed a little bit of an increase in some of my labs, which was good as they had been on the lower side. I talked to the doctor for a little bit longer before I was free to get going.

I took a cab home, basically crashing the second I got home as I was exhausted from the day. I napped for an hour or two before Carla had come by to drop Audrey off back home from daycare. We talked for a little bit, but she did soon have to go off to get some things done.

" Ok baby girl, what shall we do?" I asked Audrey, to which she just looked at me. " Ok... How about we get some food in that belly of yours baby girl" I said, putting on the baby carrier and placing her inside of it.

We headed off towards the kitchen, and I started to make up a bottle for her. She did start to cry a little bit, luckily I was almost done with making her bottle.

" Shh.. almost done baby girl, and there all done" I said, heading back over towards the couch with the bottle in my hand.

I got everybody readjusted before I fed her. She did end up eating a good 8 oz of formula, which was a lot for her. Once she was finished eating, I burped her before just ending up cuddling with her on the couch.

Eddie got home with Chris a few hours later.

" Good afternoon Ed, how was your shift?" I asked, making up a few more bottles.

" It was really q-" he started.

" Q word Eddie." I stopped him.

" that was a close one " he said, laughing it off.

" And how was your day super man?" I asked, putting away the formula.

" It was really good! " Chris said, the biggest smile on his face.

" Why don't you go get started on your homework bud" Eddie said, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

Chris headed off towards his room, getting started on his homework.

"So, how was the appointment?"

" It went ok, tests all came back normal, and the x-rays showed good signs of healing of my femur and my tibia is almost fully healed, all good signs." I said, taking a sip of the tea I had made earlier.

" That's great, any news of how much longer" he asked, a snile on his face.

" Well I'll need to be in the cast for another few weeks before I would be switched to a brace, and I can start to put more weight on it." A smile also on my face.

" That's amazing dude!" He said, giving me the biggest hug ever.

" I need to breathe Ed.." I said, laughing.

" Sorry..." He said, laughing too.

The next few days went by as normal, I went to PT, Chris went to school, Audrey went to daycare, and Eddie went on shift.

I was now able to put more weight on my leg, and everything was healing very quickly. I would still need to be in the cast for another one to two weeks before I could get fitted for a brace, but it was still better than what it was going to be.

Audrey had also now just started teething, which made the nights a bit longer as she was now not sleeping through them. I had ended up finding a little place near the station that was owned by one of my old friends from the academy who was working at the 132 now. He'd already said that he was trying to rent the place out to someone as his station was a bit away from where his station was located, and was looking for a place to live that was closer to it.

Everything was going amazingly in my life at the moment, and for once it looked as if it was going to stay that way. Audrey had a doctor's appointment earlier today, and she had a clean bill of health. There were no longer any possible problems with her lungs that it was thought would be a possibility when they were damaged by the smoke she enhaled when she was born.

( Hens POV )

The whole 118 were sitting at the table, ready for breakfast to be served. Today was Eddie's day to make breakfast, which he ended up making pancakes and eggs.

" Morning Eddie, how's it going?" Cap asked, heading up the stairs and taking a seat.

" Morning cap, it's actually going amazing! Chris has gotten all A's on his report card, bucks healing. I have all of you it's just amazing!" Eddie said cheerfully, bringing out the plates with food on them.

" That's great to hear Eddie!" I said.

We talked for a bit longer before we were interrupted by the alarm going off. By the time we got back, the shift was over, so everyone headed home after changing.

( Bucks POV )

Everything went by smoothly over the next few days, basically just keeping over the exact same schedule. Though today was now the first day of therapy, which I wasn't really that excited about since I've had some bad past experiences with therapists in the past.

The first appointment went ok, my therapist's name was Dr. Rogers, and from the first impressions I got from him, he was a pretty ok dude.

During the session we didn't actually really talk about the fire, which was a bit weird to me honestly. We just talked about things in our lives, and some of our favorite memories. Mine was the first day that I became a part of the 118 firehouse.

I honestly had a very good first session, and I felt a lot better after it, which I didn't think could happen with therapy, I guess it's really just how you look at it in a way.

Over the next few sessions of PT, and therapy I was now going to be fitted for the brace tomorrow, and I've made a lot of improvements in actually talking about the accident, and being able to be in contact with my feelings overall.

The worst of the teething stages had gone for Audrey, and I had figured out a teether that helped her the most through it. All of us were also sleeping through the nights again.