22 | paranoia

↱  in whichshe knows he'snot who he says he is

↱  in which
she knows he's
not who he says he is

THE SIGHT OF the man's mangled face immediately set off all the alarms in Scarlett's head.

At the Welcoming feast on the first day of term, Scarlett watched that man barge into the Great Hall, metal leg clanking against the floor and magical eye whizzing around the room.

The same man, the man who was supposed to be their Defense Against the Dark Arts professor for the entire year, it was the same man. The one she saw in her dream, the one that had hurt Harry and possibly herself.

Scarlett mindlessly gazed over at Harry. He looked nothing like he did in her vision, tears streaming down his face and eyes dull like they couldn't quite yet comprehend anything. Looking at Harry in that vision made her think back to 3rd year when all she thought of him was a timid boy, not the liar he turned out to be. It almost made her feel bad for what was bound to happen to him. No one deserved to be that shaken up, not even Harry Potter.

She hadn't noticed how long she'd been looking at him until he looked back at her. His eyes were not dull and glossy and his lips weren't quivering with sobs, but they were downturned in a frown and his green eyes were sharp as his jawline and suddenly all those thoughts about feeling bad for him were gone.

"Beauxbatons!"

Scarlett whipped her head around. "Where?"

Ariah looked at her weirdly but repeated herself. "Beauxbatons is coming to Hogwarts for the Triwizard Tournament! Won't you know some of them?"

"Oh!" she furrowed her eyebrows, remembering the last time she was there. "Oh."

"What did you do this time?" Blaise questioned.

"I don't want to see them!" she thought back to her time at her old school and quickly changed her statement. "Well, maybe some of them I'd like to see."

"Wow, you had friends?" Daphne teased, getting an eye roll from Scarlett.

Dumbledore cleared his throat, finally over with his big speech and looking out at all the students in the Great Hall. "And now, it is late," he said. "And I know how important it
is to you all to be alert and
rested as you enter your
lessons tomorrow morning. Bedtime! Chop chop!"

WHILE EVERYONE LOVED professor Moody, Scarlett wanted to strangle him and she wasn't even 100% sure why yet.

In her vision, he'd looked like a madman, trembling and wheezing, lunging at little girls, and terrifying little boys.

He still looked mad as he performed the Unforgivable Curses in a classroom full of children. Scarlett drew the line at hovering spiders over her head.

"Get that away from me!"