Chapter 17

They didn't approach Alejandro's safe house. More like plowed into it. Ghost had nearly rammed into a tree trying to stop the truck at the front door. The group had reunited with Rodolfo, Alejandro's trusted right-hand man. After a rapid exchange of information and a few whispered conversations, they huddled together to formulate their rescue plan.

The plan was deceptively simple, designed to cut through the layers of security surrounding Graves' black site prison. Rudy, ever the resourceful operative, would take the lead in locating Alejandro within the prison. Meanwhile, Soap, with his technical expertise, would take control of the surveillance cameras to aid Ghost and Althea in planting diversionary charges(Ghost surveyed the map of the base. "We need a distraction."

Althea smirked, glancing at Ghost's concealed face. "You mean like taking off your mask? I'm sure your beauty would shock them."

"Nice try, but that's not happening."). Their ultimate goal was to free not only Alejandro but also the imprisoned members of Los Vaqueros.

Their journey to the base was fraught with tension, as they knew Graves' soldiers would be swarming the area. Rudy voiced their collective concern as they approached their destination, a hint of worry in his voice. "Graves is going to have the place locked down."

Althea winked at him. "That's alright, just means more fun."

Ghost rolled his eyes at her comment. "You're so immature. Are we all geared up?" When he turned his back, Althea made an obscene gesture at his back, making Soap smirk.

Soap nodded, "Guns, ammo, and charges in the packs."

"And glitter," Althea chimed in giving them her signature cheeky grin.

Soap grinned back, deciding to humor her. "And glitter."

"Ascenders?" Ghost inquired, ignoring Althea.

Each member of the team confirmed their ascenders were ready for action.

Soap nodded. "Let's hope Alejandro's alive."

Rudy's mouth curled into a half-smile as he voiced his unwavering confidence. "Count on it."

As they proceeded cautiously along the rocky trail, their senses were heightened, and every rustle of leaves seemed significant. The looming prison facility soon came into view as they reached a cliff overlooking it. As Althea walked past a particularly low-hanging tree, a branch hooked on the band securing her hair, breaking it. Her hair immediately came loose, pooling around her shoulders. She needed to get it cut soon. She kind of liked the long though. She searched her pockets for another band but came back empty (except for a few specks of glitter she hadn't managed to shake out of her uniform.

Ghost raised a hand, signaling for the team to halt. "Hold up. Eyes on the prison. Patrols on the outside. Two snipers, first tower." He pointed out the threats with precision. "Althea, you take one, I'll get the other."

Althea looked up in surprise. "Me?" He just gave her an irritated look and started aiming his gun. A small smile appeared on her face as she carefully aimed her gun, letting him shoot the first and quickly taking down the second. She grinned, proud of herself. "Shadows down."

 "Good shots, hermanos." Rudy returned her smile. "And Hermana."

Ghost motioned for Althea to follow him, while Soap and Rudy strategically positioned themselves atop a large rock. Ghost and Althea moved stealthily, crouching behind a dense bush. Ghost leaned in closer, his voice a soft, low murmur in her ear, sending shivers down her spine as he outlined their next move. "On my mark, drop the one in the cap."

She nodded, her fingers deftly extracting a knife from her belt. The tension in the air was electric as they both prepared to strike. "Check- 3, 2, 1..." Althea flung her knife with deadly precision just as Ghost lunged forward, executing a swift and lethal takedown of the remaining soldier. It was a perfectly synchronized attack, perfectly satisfying.

With all immediate threats eliminated, Ghost and Althea rendezvoused with Soap and Rudy. Rudy took the lead in deploying the grapple hook, securing it to a sturdy anchor point. Each team member attached their ascenders to the line, preparing to ascend the building.

Inside the prison, Ghost turned to Althea and Soap, his voice low and determined. "Let's get to the security room. Stay close."

They open a hatch and climb down a ladder. "The CCTV room is right down the hall." Rudy pointed to a door.

Althea slipped closer, her feet dead silent against the floor. "Two inside. Leave it to me." They watched as she quietly opened the door, slitting one's throat and aiming a high kick towards the other's chin, immediately knocking him out. Soap positioned himself at the security cameras, nodding to Ghost.

Ghost motioned to Althea. "Let's go place the charges," Althea smirked, holding her combination of normal charges and glitter ones. He sighed in exasperation. They rounded the corner, making sure the hall was clear. "This is where we part ways." He paused and watched her for a bit as if he wanted to say more. "Be safe." His voice was low and quiet, but Althea could hear just fine. She nodded, giving him a small smile before melting into the shadows. 

A/N: I promise the next chapter will be a bit more interesting than this. This is the first story I've ever written so please stick with me I swear I'm improving 😭 

THANKS FOR READING!!! I hope you guys are having/will have the best day ever. Thanks for making mine! For those who are starting school (Or work or whatever you're doing now), good luck in everything and I wish you so much happiness!