Chapter 7

7

Denise's gaze flickered to the clock above the television. She couldn't believe that it was only Nine o'clock.

Her eyes stayed on the clock, feeling anxious as the large hand took forever moving it closer to her set departure time. She wanted to make sure everyone in the house was asleep, before she headed over to Jordan's. Every-time she thought of the scene that took place in her office, she had to squeeze her legs tightly shut to press out the ache that tried to push it's way in. She tried not to think of the way it felt having his tongue glide over her, but that wasn't happening.

Her mind swarmed against her will, with thoughts of what had taken place two days ago. These had been the longest two days of her life. When she first came into the house, she had decided to ignore what he'd said, surely she was strong enough to get over what had taken place.

She was older than she'd been at sixteen, her hormones wasn't a raging symphony as it had been back then, at-least that's what she'd thought. She'd been proven wrong on more than one occasion, having it impossible to concentrate on anything that wasn't him. She'd even driven by his house a few times, hoping that he was there, so that she could see him. He hadn't come out.

There had been no movement then. Sighing, she got up, letting out a frustrating squeal. She didn't know what she'd do about this. She didn't know if she could wait for the next four hours.

Sighing, she cleared her throat and went into the kitchen, where she grabbed the jug of iced tea and a glass. Pouring the tea in the glass, she took both back to the counter with her, where she sat on her stool and drank the delicious liquid, hoping to cool herself off and focus her thoughts off him.

Just as she was doing this, footsteps were heard on the stairs and a few seconds later, she was greeted by Vicki, who grabbed a glass and sat in the stool directly from her. Grabbing the jug of tea, she poured herself a cup. Denise, who'd finished her glass, reached over and grabbed the jug, pouring a second glass. She sipped this one slower.

"What's up with you lately?" Vicki inquired, her face perplexed.

"What do you mean?" Denise facaded. Vicki laughed,

"He's got you already."

"What are you talking about?" Denise fidgeted with her glass of tea.

"Jordan, he's got you already."

Denise lifted her eyes to Vicki's. "What do you mean?"

Vicki smiled, "I always wondered why you never gave that Derrick guy a chance. He seems to really like you and he's not that bad looking either."

Denise raised both brows. "Why can't you ever stay on one topic? Who's got me and what's that got to do with me going out with Derrick. I'm not interested in pursuing anything other than friendship with him."

Vicki sighed, "Yep, he's got you whipped, so I take it you two had passionate hot sex already?"

Denise felt her body stiffen up at the mention of them together. "Why are you on the prowl?"

Denise likened Vicki to a cat, very smooth, but vicious if crossed. "I'm not on the prowl for information, just confirmation. So, have you two screwed each other yet, or is it coming?"

Denise felt her face flush slightly. The Lord knows she wanted him. "How is that any of your business?"

Vicki shrugged, "It's not, but I just want to know if you guys are doing the nasty, cause you know how you used to be."