Chapter XVII

" Caleb, you must hold your blade up. If it's not held up, an opponent and guide your blade and easily knock it aside as soon as you bring it up. You must ALWAYS keep your blade level. Again. " Aden said. Caleb nodded, restarting his Phase I training regimen. Two strikes followed by a thrust and followed by two quick blocks on the back foot. Caleb understood the offense but what he lacked was his mixing of footwork into his dueling. Over and over he did the same pattern, striking, thrusting, and blocking. After about 10 minutes, Aden held his hand up and Caleb stopped.

" It seems we have a visitor. " Aden said, looking up to see Ahsoka walking in the room.

" Well, it seems being a teacher suits you quite well Aden. " Ahsoka said, smiling as she looked over at Caleb. The young Padawan looked slightly confused as he looked at the Togrutan Jedi.

" Caleb Dume, meet Ahsoka Tano, Padawan to Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. She's been assisting me with some investigations into the bombing of the hanger. " Aden said. A huge smile of excitement spread across Caleb's space as Aden mentioned she was Anakin's Padawan.

" You're Anakin's student?! What is it like? Is he a cool teacher? Is he strong? Are you strong? " Caleb bombarded her with questions, which just drew a small chuckle from Ahsoka.

" Ya know Aden, I can see why the council assigned him to you. You were the same way at his age. " Ahsoka said, shooting a cheeky smirk towards her boyfriend. Aden just rolled his eyes before a mischievous grin spread across his face.

" It just so happens that Caleb here is starting his lightsaber lessons. Perhaps he needs a demonstration of two combatants in action in order to properly gage where he is in his Phase I regimens. " Aden said. Ahsoka just rolled her eyes and agreed.

" Watch carefully Caleb. Both offensive and defensive combat is essential, and relying to heavily on one will often allow an opponent to find weaknesses in your weaknesses. " Aden said. Caleb nodded and sat down as the Knight and Padawan stood across from each other. Ahsoka grabbed two lightsaber hilts off her belt and ignited a lime shoto blade and a emerald blade from her original lightsaber. Aden took a deep breath and grabbed his lightsaber pike from his belt and ignited the two golden blades from within, following it up by closing his mask. Aden had to admit he was a bit nervous since he hadn't fought anyone with his pike yet, as he had been relying on his personal saber anytime he dueled anybody during training. Ahsoka began with the offensive, spinning forward and swinging both blades around, only for it to be blocked with one end of the pike and parried into a thrust from the other end. Ahsoka spun back and smacked it away with her shoto blade before thrusting her emerald blade inward. Aden sidestepped and spun away from Ahsoka, spinning his pike behind his back to block another strike as he spun to face forward. Aden spun his pike in his hand and thrusted, but Ahsoka dodged. Aden quickly flipped around the other way to dodge a spinning slice from his opponents shoto blade. She followed it with another strike, only for it to be blocked by the other end of Aden's like once more. Caleb watched in awe as the two seemed evenly matched. At least, Ahsoka thought they were evenly matched. Ahsoka spun around again but this time Aden saw it coming and dodger under it, using his like to knock her lime blade from her hand while spinning into a position she couldn't block comfortably. She was knocked off balance by the force of his second swing and her awkward position as her emerald blade flew out of her hand and her boyfriends golden blade hummed about a foot from her face.

" I do believe that makes it 40-32. You thought your streak would continue after my knighting trials? " Aden asked sarcastically as he held out his hand. Ahsoka just rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand to stand up. She dusted herself off and pulled both of her sabers to her hands and clipped them back to her belt. Caleb ram up to Aden excitedly, a notepad in hand. Aden smiled as he looked at his students notes.

" Not bad Caleb! You were definitely paying attention! " Aden complimented, handing back the notebook.

" Your styles are so different yet seem to flow together and against each other at the same time so well! " Caleb said. Aden chuckled and ruffled his students hair.

" Well I wasn't really trying. I just enjoy seeing him happy after I let him win. " Ahsoka said, yawning and stretching as if to say she barely got a warmup out of it. Aden rolled his eyes as Caleb looked over at her.

" But you were clearly trying. You broke a sweat and your facial expressions clearly showed that you were trying to keep up with the intensity of the duel. " Caleb commented, not seeming to realize it was a joke. Aden stifled a cackle as Ahsoka shot her boyfriend a
" shut up or I'll beat your ass " type of look. Ahsoka rolled her eyes and began to walk out of the room before being stopped by Aden.

" Hey Caleb go ahead and head down to the library and start your studies. I'll be there momentarily. " Aden said. Caleb nodded and ran out of the room. Ahsoka turned towards Aden and smiled.

" And why do you need me all alone? " Ahsoka said playfully. Aden took off his mask as his expression slowly shifted from a smile to a frown. Ahsoka's smile shifted into a small look of concern as Aden remained silent.

" Aden? What's wrong? " Ahsoka said.

" Ahsoka. After this investigation... "