Chapter 7 - Take Out Four.

Faye's POV

"What the hell does that mean?" I snatched the envelope from Abbie's grip. I read it over and over again. "Your mission is to take out four other people?" I read it aloud. "Take out? Like shoot to kill?"

"Faye, it's not rocket science! They want us to sneak into camps and shoot people. We're all going to be sneaking around trying to shoot the one person who walks into our view." Abbie snatched the paper back.

"Using the guns we had before?" Tom asked.

"No, we emptied them!" Luke looked down at the box with our guns in. We'd shot all the paintball ammunition out in the first mission.

"He has to come back with guns!" Tom added, and just as he finished, Jonny arrived with a box.

"I forgot your guns, guys." He threw the box down. The sound of it hitting the floor made me jump. This box sounded heavier than the other one. "We've only got a few minutes... Make sure you pay attention, listen out for rustling, look out for things moving or swaying where someone has hidden in or run past this object. Treat nature as your friend, let it help you find people. Yeah?" Jonny saw us all nod, then nodded back before running off.

"What the hell was that?" Luke asked. "How is that going to help us?"

"Well, this time, you guys keep an eye out and we won't get shot at. Alright?" Abbie looked between Luke and Tom. "I already got shot for you guys!" She pointed at her arm where the paintball bruise remained red/purple.

"I don't want to do this anymore... I want to go home." I whinged. Yes, whinged. I don't want to be here, shooting people in any way shape or form...

"You have to stay strong for us, Faye, come on now! It's only a couple of days!" Tom smiled, trying to comfort me.

"I don't want to pretend to kill people, I don't want to pull a trigger, I don't want to hold a gun and I certainly don't want to-" I was cut off by Abbie shushing me. We remained silent for a few seconds when we heard rustling. Luke ran to the box, pulled out a sniper and a bulletproof jacket, shoved the jacket on and lay on the floor, looking through the sight on the sniper rifle.

"I can see one person..." He whispered. Tom and Abbie ran over to the box and grabbed a gun, helmet and bulletproof vest. Tom lay on the floor next to Luke and cocked his gun. Abbie placed a helmet over Luke's head.

"I'm not having any of you guys getting shot!" She laughed before throwing me a gun, helmet and vest. "That includes you, Faye. We need to win this mission."

"I got a clear shot. I'm gonna take it!" Luke said as he cocked the sniper, steadied the aim and pulled the trigger, the silencer stopping the echoing shot. I watched through the sight on my gun and saw the girl get hit. She fell to the floor and never got up.

"W-W-Why's she not getting up?" I stuttered.

"We're meant to be in a warzone, Faye. We're obviously meant to stay down when we're shot! Jonny must have missed that bit out!" Tom smiled. I couldn't help but love him for trying to get me through this. He wasn't even in my form, he didn't know me, he didn't know my 'friends' had betrayed me and that I was stuck here hating every second - although I was sure I was making that clear enough!

"Faye, get down here!" Luke gestured. I was an obvious target sitting on the log round the campfire. I slowly slid onto the floor, fed up of wearing this camouflage, making sure my bulletproof vest was on properly and the helmet was fastened. "Shoot anyone you see." He said, evilly. "Three more." Shots echoed through the forest and you knew slowly but surely people were catching up with the mission.

"You think everyone has the same mission?" I asked. "Cos if they did, it'd mean we'd all get shot!" They all looked over to me, Luke and Tom quickly looking back into the sights they had on their guns.

"That's a good point!" Abbie said. "We must all have something different... Maybe we will each get one mission and it gets passed on? Like camp 2 could have to steal the food today?"

"Yeah, that makes sense!" I nodded. "But that means they'll come here cos we stole theirs yesterday!" We all suddenly looked through the sights on our guns in total silence. The sounds of nature were all that could be heard. I barely breathed as I scoped the area and saw a girl sneaking towards us. I aimed my gun and pulled the trigger, sending her crashing to the floor. For a strange reason, I felt a sense of relief and happiness mix in with the tension and anxiety.

"Well done Faye!" Abbie laughed as she spoke.

"Thank you!" I smiled. It wasn't as bad as I thought either! Maybe I could get on with this for the small amount of time needed? Another shot was fired by Luke, and one by Tom.

"Yes! We hit four!!" Tom celebrated by rolling around on the floor.

"We're not done yet! We have to wait for that claxon thing to tell us someone has completed their task!" Luke said, elbowing Tom in the ribs.

"But we've done it!" I protested as I stood up and walked over to where Jonny normally appears. "We've completed our task!" I shout.

"Faye!" Abbie hisses, "Get down and shut up!" it was almost instantly after she'd spoken that the sound of a gun firing echoed the forest and I froze. I felt something wet trickling down my arm but I didn't want to look. There's no pain. No pain at all! Ok, maybe a little. My knees go weak and I fall, Tom catching me as I fell.

"Shit! Faye!" Tom said as he and Abbie lowered me to the floor.

"Can you feel anything, Faye?" Abbie asked. "Luke, keep lookout and shoot the fucker." I looked up to the sky, I don't want to see what happened! The pain begins to get worse and worse.

"My arm!" I said, "I don't want to know." I stared up at the sky, watching the birds flying past and the clouds slowly moving across the sky.

"What the hell do we do?!" I heard Tom whisper to Abbie.

"Shit, I dunno. Hope the claxon goes off soon? She needs medical attention! I can try and do something temporarily but..."

"Whatever you can do, do it!" Luke ordered. "Tom I need you here with me, I think there's two or three around here..."

"Am I alright?" I asked Abbie, pretending not to have a clue what is going on.

"Yeah, Faye, you're alright. Just a flesh wound." She took her camo jumper off and stood on the sleeve, pulling the rest of the jacket so the sleeve tore off at the seam at the shoulder, she did the same to the other sleeve. She grabbed a sleeve and tied it around my arm.

"Ow!" I exclaimed. "That's really tight!" I felt like the blood circulation was being cut off of my arm. Tears ran down my face.

"It has to be!" She laughed nervously. "Don't hate me!"

"What?" I said. I have no idea what she did, but the pain was intense. Worse than I could imagine childbirth to be. I opened my mouth to scream but she out her hand over my mouth and glared down at me.

"It's done." She whispered to me. I looked down at my arm to see a homemade tourniquet and bandage round my arm. "It should hold for a bit..." Another shot went off, from either Tom or Luke, and the claxon finally sounded. Within seconds we could hear footsteps moving away from our campsite.

"Oh thank the lord!" I exclaimed as I breathed out heavily. Tom ran over to my side and stroked my hair.

"You alright, babe?" He asked, concerned. I gazed up to his eyes, looking tired and weary but they shone in the light from the fire.

"Yeah I'm fine, thank you! It wasn't too bad..." This guy was really nice and kind. If I'd been at school with my gang, I'd not even look twice at him... But here, now, I can't get him out of my head. He's beautiful...