Chapter 10

(Y/N)'s POV:

After coming back from the mission with Soul and Maka, Medusa hasn't really been in me head. Did she leave? Am I free? No no, that couldn't be true.

"Well, guess I should get ready for the day." I said reluctantly getting up from my bed.

I made my way downstairs to where I expected to see Stein, but to my surprise he was nowhere to be seen. This kind of saddened me, but I guess he could already be at the school getting ready for a lesson. But still I wished he was there.

Once I got to the DWMA I heard a lot of the students chattering about a party. That's right, Lord Death was holding a ball tonight.

"I guess I'll have to go shopping after work then...." sighing I walked inside to Stein's classroom to see him deep in thought.

Stein's POV:

I need to know what's up with (y/n) she seems different and it worries me. I can sense some sort of magic from her, no way she's a witch.... could she be? I don't think Lord Death would allow a witch so close to his side. Somethings up, did something happen to her while she was in her coma? The only people who were there was myself and.... Medusa, she had to be the cause. I decided to investigate her once class was done, maybe even during the party tonight.

The bell startled me out of my thoughts, I didn't even notice the children walk in or even (y/n). I looked at her and outlined the features on her face. Still the same as before the accident, I have to tell her how I feel at some point, but she would reject a freak like me.

Once class ended I saw (y/n) get up quickly and my body naturally stood up with her, this made her look in my direction.

(Y/n)'s POV:

Once class ended I decided I could just take some time for myself, I'm sure Stein wouldn't mind. I stood up from my seat and to my surprise so did Stein, only much faster.

"Is something wrong professor?" I asked looking at him.

Stein just kinda stood there looking like wanted to say something but just replied with a defeated sounding "No, carry on." Before slumping back into his chair.

"Okay.... have a good day Stein, I'm going to go out for a bit." He just hummed in response as I walked away.

Stein's POV:

'Stein you're such a fool.' I thought to myself she probably thinks you're a creep now.

Sighing I leaned back in my chair 'I hope she's at the party tonight, I feel like she needs a small break from life.'

I stood up from my chair and got ready for my next class.

(Y/N)'s POV:

I had finally managed to find the perfect dress for tonight. Only took an hour to find but I finally got it! Feels weird to get excited over something so simple. I mean, how often do I really dress up? I guess this is a special occasion so it's only fitting.

I looked down to the dress I had in my arms. It was a black dress with a dark teal over skirt with lace sleeves (if you don't like those colours feel free to change them! They're just my favourite colour combo!). It fit like a glove and matched me perfectly. Time to get ready for the big party, I hope everything goes well.

Lord Death's POV:

Looking at all the students chatting and having fun brought joy to my heart, but I can't help but feel the dread of something bad happening. Hopefully nothing bad does happen, I don't need to get my hands dirty today. Not on a joyous occasion like this, the worst that could happen is (y/n) finding out who she really is. Thankfully I took those memories away from her.

Stein's POV:

I stood looking at all the children, they seemed to be having fun. I couldn't help but feel nervous because (y/n) hasn't shown up yet. Maybe tonight is the night I tell her how I feel, will she turn me away thinking I'm some kind of freak? Will she feel the same way I do? What if she hates me afterwards and our relationship isn't the same?

I could feel my hands start to shake until I heard a voice which snapped me out of my nerves.

(Y/N)'s POV:

After taking what felt like forever to yet ready I finally made it to the DWMA for the party. Felt weird dressing up, I jusy hopped I looked as good as I felt. Once I got into the building I smiled at all the students having a good time and dancing. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed Stein, he seemed deep in thought again.

"Stein, are you okay?" I spoke as I approached him.

"(Y/n), I didn't think you would show up." He seemed startled by my sudden words.

"Yeah... I don't dress up very often, kinda awkward if you ask me." I looked down to my outfit and played with the skirt off my dress a little.

Stein looked at me outlining all my features, "you look stunning." He mumbled.

The words surprised me and brought a but of blush to my cheeks. "Thank you, you look nice yourself." Is all I could muster up.

He chuckled as the song changed to a slowdance. "Would you uh.... like to dance?" He awkwardly held his hand to me.

"I would love to." I said with a smile offering my hand to him.

A/N: hullo there, I got a new phone and Wattpad was like "no you're not allowed to log in" and I was like ;^; BUT I MANAGED TO GET IT TO WORK SO YAY. Anyways, I'm trying to improve my writing a lil so I hope you guys enjoyed, please lemme know if you have any ideas or any feedback in the comments, until next time. Love you all 🥰🥰🥰