Chapter 6

(Y/n)'s POV:

Have you ever felt so alone that the world just seems black? No light to make the darkness fade? Like your floating down a river feeling that at any moment you could drown? I couldn't understand it, I could feel the souls of others, they feel like they're within my reach but yet, they're so far away. There's nothing, no feelings, no light, everything is just numb.

Was this madness? Not being able to feel any emotion other than loneliness? No, this can't be madness, this is something else but what. Sadness? Fear? No. It's grief, the feeling of numbness after losing someone dear to you. How can I make it stop? I want to swim out of the river but I'm frozen in place. Please can't someone help me? Please I need a light!

Stein's POV:

(Y/n) has been in her coma for a couple weeks now, things feel odd without seeing her around. I can't help but wonder what is going through her head right now. The days lately have been a blur, I can't remember the last time I had a straight thought. Leaning against my desk I couldn't help but think about the possible things that (Y/n) could be feeling at this moment.

Was she scared? Was she hurting? I thought back to any of the things she had told me in the past. None of these thoughts answered any of my questions, they only complicated things more. (Y/n)'s the only person I cannot seem to understand and it drives me mad. What's special about her that I can't seem to wrap my head around, who is she?

I decided to find any information I could on her, I needed anything I could get my hands on. I spoke to a few people who (y/n) seemed close to through my observations. Lord Death didn't seem to give me much information, he seems to be hiding something. That can wait, there are more pressing matters to think about right now. I wrote down anything that seemed important, I couldn't miss any details.

Medusa's POV:

My experiments with (Y/n) were going quite well, normally she would've woken up by now but I've managed to keep her in this state. I've managed to collect some of her black blood for more of my experiments on other children. Her black blood seemed to have a stronger effect than I have seen before. This was quite interesting, I should run some more tests to figure out why.

I need to finish as fast as I can, if I keep her unconscious for much longer people will start to grow suspicious. I can't have that, I need to keep my cover, just a few more tests and I will be done, maybe I'd better put one of my snakes in her to keep an eye on her. Who knows what she is capable of, she's able to fight the madness, but who knows how long it will be before she finally snaps. She'll be my perfect little pet, my perfect experiment.

I grinned to myself as I finished writing my notes. "Soon (Y/n) you're time will come, then we will see how powerful you truly are." I put my pen in my pocket and left the room.

Stein's POV:

(Y/n)'s life seems to be a maze, there's no straight answers to anything. She doesn't have any family I can talk to, the only family she had was her brother, but he has been gone for years. No one else seems to know who she is fully. I staired at my notes hoping any answers would come to me. Then it hit me, maybe what Lord Death is keeping secret from me is the answer I need.

I made my way to the Death Room only to find (Y/n) standing there in place of Lord Death. She had a black aura around her, she didn't seem herself. I slowly applied her only for her head to snap back at me. She smiled and blood poured from her mouth, it was black. This isn't (y/n) who is she?

"Oh Stein, just give into the madness won't you? Come, drown with me" next thing I knew (y/n) was floating in front of me with her hands on my shoulders. She had gone completely mad.

I woke up with a jolt, it wasn't real, it was a nightmare. I looked at all of my notes then realized how late it was getting. After cleaning up I decided to head home. I would confront Lord Death about his secret tomorrow. If it is as I suspect about (y/n) then it can't be hidden any longer.

A/N: Hello, it's like 1 in the morning for me- why do I get the best ideas when I'm half asleep? Also sorry for the short chapter it was kinda rushed as I'm writing stuff down as I think of it. ANYWAY I hope you guys enjoyed and as always please leave a comment of anything you'd like to see in future chapters and I shall try to add them in somehow! I love you all bye! ❤