Chapter 5|Cute and Curious

🖤"Bin bataye tere, yeh aankhein bohut kuch bayan kar jaati hai. Ankahee baatein joh tujhe bhi na ho pata; woh tere saare raaz keh jaati hai."🖤

("Your eyes, like silent storytellers, unveil the depths of your soul. Unspoken whispers that even elude your own awareness; they unveil the mysteries within you.")

♡__________________________♡

You'll never be enough for everyone, but you'll always be more than enough for someone who truly cherishes you. "It's the season of blossoms, where melodies of birds fill the air, and hearts of young souls intertwine in love."

||"Cute and Curious: A Story of Connection and Companionship"||

I was openly checking her out while she was still busy looking down. But not at the floor, rather at my shoes. Well, I realize now that it is inappropriate. I should respect her boundaries.

Her doe-shaped beautiful eyes, with long eyelashes falling down to kiss her cheek, hide all her beauty within them. Once you measure the depth of it, your heart is already skipping a beat.

I can't explain why, but I can't take my eyes off her. It's the first time I've ever seen her, and there's something about her eyes that makes me feel a mysterious emotion.

"Umm... don't you have something you wanna inquire about?" I asked, trying to sound gentle. But I think it came out a bit off when I noticed her flinch at my voice.

Nodding her head from left to right, she seemed to be indicating a 'no.' It's good that she doesn't have anything to ask, but I'm curious to hear her voice. What if Daneen is right? And what if her voice sounds like a man's? Well, I guess not every man wants to wake up to a male-like voice every morning!

"I don't want to marry you," her voice came, making me happy that she doesn't sound like a man but has a normal girly, soft voice. But as her words reverberated in my mind, a perplexed frown adorned my face. She doesn't want to marry, but why? Is her family forcing her?

"Why?" I asked, and she shifted uncomfortably. "Umm... I don't wanna marry you! I wanna focus on my studies, and honestly, you don't have that romantic charm I dream of. You give off that intense, brooding vibe like those heroes in novels, but also kinda intimidating. You're all about perfection, like those strict bosses in my stories, while I'm just a clumsy mess. So, it's probably best if we don't tie the knot."

"Hold up, hold up!" I shouted to put the brakes on this express train, but she cut me off again with her pointless blabbering. "I've got this brilliant idea, you know. You can totally marry my friend or there are a bunch of other girls out there who are way more gorgeous and totally wife material, you know what I mean?" She finished off with a huff, spewing her useless rants. And now I know! She has no idea about the promise thing. Ammi, I so want to yell at both these ladies. One for not informing this express and the other for ranting nonsense.

"Look, stop that and listen to me very carefully, okay?" I said to the girl sitting in front of me, who I was just asking to talk to a few minutes ago. Now, I think I should already be informing her not to do that. So my mind can be at peace. My family is already enough to eat my mind! I can't add another member to my "chidiya ghar," can I?

"First off, I ain't the boss of your story, so no worries there. Second, I'm not always intimidating, just sometimes. And I'm definitely not scary like an early human. Third, I'm here to marry you, not anyone else. And who said I won't let you study? Did I say that? So, don't jump to conclusions. And lastly, about me not being romantic, trust me, you'll see once you become my wife, okay?

Okay, did I just say that? Of course I did. She said so many things without knowing anything about me. So, I simply clarified her doubts and there's nothing wrong with that.

"Uhm, I've heard that your cousin is so strict, like one of those strict and stern types! What if I do something wrong? Will he shout at me or kick me out like a villain in a drama?" But wait, my cousin Aashiq, he's not strict at all! And Ali, he's not strict either! I mean, maybe in business, but I don't think anyone can call him strict! Ya Allah, this girl.

How much I knew! I am the only one who is strict as per my family. "Uh.. do you know his name?" I asked, still maybe knowing the answer.

"Zain Haider Khan! His name is as intimidating as his personality," she said. And I don't know whether to laugh or to shout at her for nearly insulting me in front of myself. But that cute face she is making is just melting my heart, rather than allowing me to do anything.

"What will you do if I say I am Zain than?" She wiggled her eyebrows in confusion. But when it almost startled her, her eyes widened like they were about to pop out. she looked absolutely adorable! I must admit.

"Nodding at her, I said, 'So, do you still have any more opinions to share about my personality?' She shook her head upside down and nodded again. This girl and her habit of shaking her head is ridiculous!"

"Don't worry, Hoor! I guarantee that you won't encounter any troubles there, maybe just with me, but not with my family. While I can't promise you romance or love, I can guarantee the utmost respect and rights bestowed upon you, especially by my family. I understand your expectations, but I'd rather be honest than give you false hope. These are the heartfelt assurances I wanted to share with you."

"Hmm... So it means I won't have a swoon-worthy hero like the ones in my favourite novels? How sad! But don't worry, your amazing family has captivated me so much that I'm willing to let go of my dream suitor for them." Her words evoked a resplendent smile upon my countenance, a smile that radiated pure delight and refused to be concealed. She is already making sacrifices for my family! It may appear insignificant, but it holds immeasurable significance for both of us!

"So, you're agreeing now?" I asked her, to which she nodded, this time shaking her head in all directions! Unbelievable, I know!

"Hm... do you have anything else to say?" I questioned her, already aware of her talkative nature and vivid imagination. In response, she shook her head.

"Your eyes are absolutely stunning! You know, I have a soft spot for hazel eyes, and I can't help but feel a twinge of envy since mine are a deep black."  But what she doesn't realize is how her eyes captivate me, making me want to gaze at her endlessly.

"Am_ you don't have to be jealous, your eyes are just as stunning," I assured her. She playfully shook her head, not sure which way to go. I'm completely taken aback by her kind words, thinking she has showered me with compliments twice already. But for some reason, I'm unable to find the words to compliment her back. But I couldn't help but notice her confidence and how she complemented me.

Her eyes, oh, they're like radiant beacons in a midnight sky, sparkling with a touch of mischief. They possess an irresistible allure, drawing me in like a moth to a blazing fire. I find myself spellbound, powerless to resist their enchanting magnetism. Her eyes, a gateway to a realm of wonder and longing.

"She is the proud possessor of the most mesmerizing and enchanting pair of eyes."

"I think we're finally on the same wavelength, so let's get moving. I bet everyone's eagerly waiting for us," I suggested, seeing her shake her head once again. This girl and her quirks! I'll make sure to give her a quick lesson in navigation.

She's cute but oh-so-curious!

•••••••