Chapter Twenty Eight

The twins wake up to blinding bright white light, as they adjust to the brightness they look around noticing it was a marble white version of King's Cross Station. Emma turns to face Harry, his glasses are gone and so were the cuts on his face. She hears a small moaning sound coming not far from them, she goes to stand up Harry following right behind her. Under a bench is a creature of some kind the twins both bend down flinching back as they realize it's a repulsive childlike skeletal bloodied version of Voldemort bent into the the fetal position as it groans in agony. Emma felt pity for the poor thing, her hand starting to reach for it. "You can't help." Dumbledore's voice comes echoing through King's Cross. The twins both look up to see him standing before them in white. "Emma....Harry you wonderful, brave twins. Let us walk." he tells the siblings as they stand to follow him. Both of them couldn't help looking around at the pristine and empty train station. "Professor, what is that?" Harry asks him as the three of them look back towards the pitiful creature. "Something beyond either of our help." Dumbledore says looking at both the twins before continuing to walk further away. "A part of Voldemort sent here to die." he tells them. "And exactly where are we?" Emma asks as he gives her a small chuckle. "I was going to ask you that. Where would you say that we are?" he asks both the twins. "Well...It looks like King's Cross Station." Harry says as Dumbledore gives him a curious look. "Only cleaner and without all the trains." Harry finishes as Dumbledore looks around beginning to realize Harry was right. "King's Cross, is that right? This is, as they say, your party. I expect you now realize that you, both and Voldemort have been connected by something other than fate since that night in Godric's Hollow all those years ago." Dumbledore tells them as they continue their walk.

Emma had so many questions about this being their party. If that were the case, King's Cross would not be her first choice....more like the Astronomy tower where her and Matteo spent so much time together all of last year. "So, it's true then, sir? A part of him lives within us, doesn't it?" Harry asks the professor. "Did. It was just destroyed many moments ago by none other than Voldemort himself. You were both the horcrux he never meant to make." they come to a bench as the three of them sit. "We have to go back, haven't we?" Harry asks Dumbledore. "Oh. That's up to you." he answers him. "I have a choice?" Emma asks him hopeful. "Oh, yes. We're in King's Cross. I think if you so desired, you'd be able to board a train." He tells them. "And where would it take us?" Emma asks as Dumbledore chuckles again. "On." Emma didn't understand Dumbledore's answer, in fact her face pinched in confusion as the man stood up...a train whistle blowing. Harry stands looking at Dumbledore's back facing him. "Voldemort has the Elder Wand." he tells him. He turns around to look at the twins once more. "True." he smiles. "And the snake's still alive." Harry announces. "Yes." he answers once more. "We have nothing to kill it with." Harry's worry evident. "Help will always be given at Hogwarts, Harry. To those who ask for it. I've always prized myself on my ability to turn a phrase. Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it. But I would in this case, amend my original statement to this...help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who deserve it." Dumbledore tells them. "But Professor, the plan is ruined.....Voldemort's wand and mine are broken...how are we suppose to defeat him now?" Harry questions him. Emma watches as those sliver blue eyes find her light green ones, a small smile on his face as he looks at her. "It was always suppose to be you. You have held the key to his defeat since the very beginning. Falling in love with the Dark Lord's son was no coincidence Emma Potter Riddle. He was your destiny." Emma felt that tug of her ancient magic...but there was something else there, a tug that tether her to Matteo. Dumbledore looks to Harry "When the time comes you will know what to do." the twins weren't sure if he was talking to one of them or both with his answer but he didn't give them time to ask more questions. "I'll be going now." he tells them as he starts walking away. "Professor?" he calls after him his pace stopping as he tilts his head back to look at them. "Is this all real? Or is it just happening inside my head?" Harry asks him. "Of course it's happening inside your heads. Why should that mean that it's not real?" Dumbledore chuckles before he walks a few more steps disappearing into the light.