Run (9)

"So what else did you find before I was attacked?" Luke asks as we walk through the forest back to his house after I finish explaining what happened when he was knocked out.
"Well I knew that I would find my diary," I hold it up for him to see, "I always kept it under my drawers in a special place. The thing that I was surprised to find though was this." I hold the brief case up to Luke. He takes it from me and starts to open it. I put my hand on top of it and we stop walking.
"Wait. Not here. They could be..." I look around as if expecting to find someone listening into our conversation in the middle of the woods, "They could be watching us." I say in a hushed whisper.
Luke frowns, "Come on, we're in the forest there is no one around."
"I know I just-" I pause.
"Just what?"
"I just have a-a bad feeling you know. When you start to get shivers down your spine and your stomach churns as if something's going to happen. Something bad."
Luke looks at me for a while but not the look you give someone when you think they're crazy. It's a nervous look, and I can tell by the way he is wetting his lips that he knows what I mean. he nods and looks around. We have reached the outer boundary of the forest and the shivers down my spine are beginning to increase. the sky has clouded over and wind is beginning to howl through the boughs of the trees. It is dark even though it is just mid morning.
I look to Luke and see that he is on edge as well.
"Luke, something's coming." He looks to me and nods. his hand is gripping the brief case so hard that his knuckles are going white and his jaw is clenching and unclenching. a sudden large gust of wind comes from behind us in the forest and a single leaf floats precariously close to my face. we spin around just in time to see leaves swirl up in an unearthly way. They bunch together in the air to form a large pillar of leaves that reached to the tops of the trees.
The churning in my stomach has me feeling sick now as I watch motionless. The pillar of leaves suddenly changed Directions. it lowers and points directly at us. My eyes widen as a hand seems to form out of it. it is heading straight for us.
"Go!" I shout to Luke as I grab hold of his hand and we spin around running as fast as we possibly can for Luke's house. I can hear a rumbling from behind us that resembles a roar. The second I look behind us I'm regretting it. The hand is reaching for us and the wind that was howling before is screaming through the trees. The noise is deafening and frightening and all I want to do is cover my ears but I can't because that's what it wants me to do. So it can drag me back with it into the darkness of the forest. I ignore the noise and keep running as fast as my legs will carry me. Luke's grasp on my hand is tight and as we reach the stairs to the small beat down cottage he hauls me up and inside slamming the door behind him.
"We need to hide." He mutters quickly as he pushes me into the kitchen. he opens a large cupboard and pretty much shoves me in before getting in as well. he pulls the door closed and darkness covers us like a blanket.
There is nothing but silence. I hear no wind howling, no rumbling, no battering on the walls or doors. just silence. This unnerves me and I tense up.
Luke watches the cupboard door intently unmoving.
Out of no where there is a sudden crashing sound and the howling screaming wind overwhelms my thoughts once again. The cupboard door shakes as someone or something bangs against it forcefully. Luke and I jump in fright and I help him hold the door shut firmly.
The hideous screaming of wind and bagging of the door seems to go on for ever. I scream as there is a sudden large gust that rips the doors from our hand and they both go flying open. there in the middle of the room is a dark figure. It's white glowing eyes were the only feature this thing has as the rest of it is completely black. The wind is louder than ever now as it whirls around the figure, picking up leaves and splintered wood as it goes. The figure reaches out its hand. Luke's hand that is holding the brief case suddenly lifts and he struggles as the brief case is being pulled from him. He clutches it with more force and pulls back harder. The figures eyes suddenly turn blood red and I hear a loud roaring sound come from it as begins to grow in size. it releases its non existent hold of the brief case then looks to me. It's eyes turn white again as it lifts another hand. A sudden pressure on my neck lifts me of the ground and blocks off my wind pipe. I struggle under its hold and I kick and reach for my neck to relieve the pressure on my neck. Everything starts to go blurry and red spots appear in my eyes. I can hear Luke's screams as he reaches for me trying to stop it from killing me.
Maybe this is the end. Maybe this is where I die. these thoughts fly through my head and a tear escapes my eye as I think of James and Mom and Dad.
My world begins to go fuzzy but right before I lose consciousness I see a beautiful white light. It grows until all I can see is white. The grip on my neck loosens and I feel a sensation of falling but I before I hit the ground everything goes dark....
----------------------------------------------
Hey guys. Yaaaaay not a long wait😄. Anyways I hope you liked the chapter very dramatic turn of events wasn't it?
Thanks 🙈🙉🙊