ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪɪɪ

(Forgot to put a tasio secret last chapter! Apologies, lol...🤷‍♀️ Also, swordsmith village maybe soon??)

⇢ ﹟ʸᵒᵘʳ ʲᵒʸᵒᵘˢ ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

1st Person....

Countless weeks later I was alone yet again while Mitsuri was out. Apparently, while I was all huddled up inside the Love Pillar's estate- the kamaboko squad and the sound pillar- god of festivals fought against uppermoon 6.. I'm honestly shocked that any of them survived, based on all the things I hear about those demons. Tanjiro hasn't awakened at all, and didn't show any signs of doing so anytime soon...

Truthfully, I might've come off as a very loud person, but even I dearly cherish my alone moments. I'm not really sure but I think it depends on who I'm with?

During my times alone, I've tried to truly find out what my blood demon art is. I've lost any motivation I had before and gave up. I haven't gone on any missions lately- actually, I haven't gone out at all, and even Mitsuri is starting to bug me about going out more.

'Is it really too much to ask for- just quiet time? I still go out most of the time! Am I actually lazy?'

I slide on shoes and put on my (color of your choice / pattern of your choice) haori while I fix my attire up. 

Pondering on random subjects while I sit by the window tiredly, suddenly the topic of my past life came across my mind. 'I wonder what my life was like before this. Did I have siblings? Nice parents?' I groan out loud, frustrated with the unknown. 

'Bleh.... so annoying!! I'm just gonna head out. The sun is nearly down anyways.' Swinging the front door open, I sit on the steps resting my elbows on my knees secretly wishing somebody would come by. Preferably, either Tanjiro or Muichiro. But Tanjiro is still recovering so.... and knowing Muichiro he wouldn't try wasting his own time on something so foolish. Or who knows, maybe god really is in it for me and he'll make some luck happen. 

I see the sun nearly down fully, and then slide down dreadfully.

I quietly exit the estate and start walking on the path. (Yes, the sun is completely down now.) Coming across the wooden signs that towered over me, I scan over it and begin heading in the direction of the butterfly estate, while I admire the gushing trees under the moonlight.

I'm pretty sure I stared at them for what seemed like forever before I started heading back to the love estate again. I was secretly wishing Mitsuri hadn't come home yet. Was it wrong of me? Probably!!

...I creek open the wooden framed door again and see Mitsuri solemnly sitting on a velvety plush chair staring at a blank wall. 'God, is she okay? Definitely not the Mitsuri I know.' 

"Mitsuri.?" I confusedly fixate my gaze on her facial expression. 

"Oh,... Y/N," she lifts her gaze up to meet mine and an uncomfortable silence is placed upon us.

☁︎

"I'm just trying to look out for what's best for you!!" She raises her voice slightly, getting impatient almost like a mother would.

"Well then stop trying to what I think you're doing and just leave me alone!!" 

.

..

...

I stormed out of the estate tears welling up. Not even because of our argument, mostly because of my frustration with myself.

'I get she's trying to look out for me, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't be allowed to fight alongside her! Just because I'm a demon and I could potentially lose control... Pssh! As if! I'm not like that, and she knows that. God, I overreact too much. That's probably what led to her to think that in the first place.'

'Maybe I should just listen to her.' 

'I wish I was human.' 

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌