ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴠɪ

(Can somebody tell me right now if this book is cringy? I have a feeling it is..)

⇢ ﹟ʸᵒᵘʳ ʲᵒʸᵒᵘˢ ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

1st Person....

"I'm Tanjiro Kamado!" 

He smiles brightly at me, and I smile back politely, and taken aback at his extreme insanity, being this kind to some rando girl he just met. 

"Nice to meet you! I'm Y/N L/N, but you can call me Y/N," I wink, playfully at him. "Anyways, if you follow those signs back the way you came, you'll probably be able to find the butterfly mansion- it's not exactly hard to miss," I elucidate, so he understands. 

He looks at the other two boys behind him, looks back at me with a hand on his neck. "Um, I'd hate to take up any more of your time but... could you show us? We're not exactly good with directions," he sweatdrops, embarrassed and guilty. 'Has he not noticed I'm a demon?? I guess I could get an umbrella or something..' 

"U-uhh," I say stuttering over my words trying to think of a way to make it clear but not rude. "I'm a demon," I sigh. 

Zenitsu's mouth drops open and immediately jumps back. "WHAT?! You're a demon!! TANJIRO PROTECT MEEEEE!" He rambles, whiny. 

"FIGHT!!" Inosuke yells as he stomps around hitting his chest with his fists aggressively. 

Tanjiro stares at me. "Are you like Nezuko?" He wonders, curious. 

"I think I remember her briefly being mentioned when I was being tested.. I guess?" I utter in response. 

He smiles at me again, and then quickly apologizes. "Ah, I'm sorry for asking, we'll be on our way. I hope to see you again, Y/N!" He grabs the other two boys by the ears and starts to head off. 

I feel like a selfish delinquent, so I rush to grab  a parasol, and I call out to him; "No! It's fine I can use this.." I say, even though I know of the consequences if I make a simple mistake with that head covering... 

I hurry after the trio, eager to prove myself useful. They all look at me, then eachother.

 "Alright.. be careful?" Tanjiro admonishes as he lets me be in front to direct them.

I might've been a new addition to this area, but at least there's signs on the path to point them in the right direction??? Right?..

While the boys a little behind me argued, I really thought deeply about this Nezuko person. 'Their name sounded like it belonged to a girl... So I wonder who she actually was. Apparently a demon similar to me in the way that we both don't eat humans.' 

I patiently waited for their conversation to die down, so I could ask about her..

"Hey, could you guys tell me more about Nezuko? She seems pretty cool.." I blush in embarrassment, because it's been like a week since that meeting, and if I'm like Nezuko then why haven't I heard of her? 

Without her knowing, Tanjiro was about to enlighten the topic, but Zenitsu spoke before him getting lost in his thoughts about her... 

"Nezuko-chan is awesome!! She's so cute, and pretty, and she definitely will be my wifee...!" He continues to ramble on about how much he loved her instead of answering my mental questions. Inosuke isn't paying attention at all to any of us, in his own world... probably somewhere left at the top of a mountain, to be honest...

Tanjiro interrupts him politely not wanting to make him upset over it. "She's my sister, actually- and similar to you she doesn't eat demons. She sleeps to get energy," he cheerfully expresses. 

"Hey, how do you get energy, werido?" Inosuke finally converses. 

I stop in my tracks at the name, keeping a smile on my face as I mentally think of the ways to humiliate him or make him feel pain... "Gonna sounds stupid, but I drink water. I dunno, I don't need it as much as you- kinda like a camel in some way.." I reply, as I begin to walk again.

The trio obviously doesn't know what a camel is but nobody questions it. 

I look up at the sign post when we come across it, and see the butterfly mansion in sight. 

"That way." I point to the direction of the mansion. 

"Thanks, Y/N! We appreciate your help-" he bows, as he elbows the other two and they bow reluctantly as well, still distrustful towards me.

'They're pretty nice..' 

As they walk away headed to the butterfly mansion's infirmary, a recognizable hippy voice startles me.

"AH!?! Y/N WHY ARE YOU OUT HERE? YOU COULD BURN TO A CRISP!!!" She yells, worried. 'Not if I use this umbrella.. but gotta say- I am absolutely flattered she actually cares about me!!'

I chortle softly to myself. "I was helping the kamaboko trio find the butterfly mansion, because they arrived when you weren't home at the time," I summarize.

She still looks at me with eyes wild and full of concern. 

"I'm using the umbrella," I deadpan.

"Ohhh! I see! Anyways, let's start heading back... I don't want you to get hurt," she instructs without hesitation.

We start to walk back exchanging chats and words of advice to each other, and talking about demon slaying.

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

A/N: Sorry the chapter sucks, and rushed/short. D:

Taisho Secrets!

1. Tanjiro lied about the signs part, because he wanted to get to know Y/N. <3

2. Nezuko was listening to their conversation inside the box and really likes Y/N.

3. While Mitsuri and Y/N were talking, Y/N was giving love advice to Mitsuri. Ironic, isn't it??