ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɪɪ

⇢ ﹟ʸᵒᵘʳ ʲᵒʸᵒᵘˢ ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

1st Person....

My irises halfheartedly adjust to the lighting- and I notice that I am underneath the shade and a ceiling is above my head. I groan when I feel the soreness in my behind. Most likely because I'm laying flat on my back on a hard wooden floor. But that's not my biggest concern right now.

"Oi, oi. Wake up faster, will you, demon? You're in the master's presence." In an instant my eyes crack open completely, and my head swings around in all directions, observing the strange people surrounding me. 

"Kya, she's so pretty for a demon!" My eyebrows furrow in confusion at that statement. I choose to ignore it for now and focus on the situation at hand. 'Where the hell am I?'

"Shinobu, and Mitsuri- you were the two hashira to bring in this demon girl for testing. Before that, what is your statement about this demon girl?" A man with superior aura says, sending chills down my spine, but at the same time, his voice was soothing and reassuring in a way. I noticed he had purple rotting on the top half of his head..

"Yes, Oyakata-sama! The demon girl approached us, with no harmful intentions- I believe, and she says she hasn't eaten a single human being!" I couldn't tell if her name was Shinobu or Mitsuri, because of the lack of information, but she did have the sakura mochi colored hair which I thought was very peculiar.. although appealing!

"Ahem, if I may proceed to speak, master?" A young woman said. She gives me the vibes of a monarch butterfly! But what's unsettling is her forced smile and an irk at the top of her forehead.

'Master... I guess he's some leader? They must honor him very much for this level of respect!' The master nods his head softly, urging her to continue. 

"Although I did agree to bring the demon girl in for testing, isn't it so... sudden to believe such words from a demon? Nezuko Kamado was a special case, but we lack the amount of information, and also the sudden act of bringing her to our corps suspicious? She could possibly be a spy for.. the demon king." The woman seemed to be cautious with her wording, and I was already nervous for the outcome of this, because I knew she wasn't for me at all.

"I understand, Shinobu, you're feeling of suspiciousness and mistrust towards this demon. But, given the situation at hand, we might as well test her. For experimental purposes, she may just be like Nezuko Kamado." Their leader then nods to the grinning male with permanent scars all over his face. 

'I don't think he has eyebrows. Cool, but also very weird!' I nearly trip over my own legs, when a somebody behind me pushes me forward. The guy with scars speaks up with fury in his expression, and his words are harsh and intense. "This stupid demon will be proven to be faulty.. That other demon girl was a lucky demon- but this one will not be."

I gulp, praying that whatever was coming wouldn't cause me any physical harm or damage. The manic man slices his katana- not very deeply- through his arm and blood droplets start to roll down his arms and onto the wood planks.

I'm left to be confused by the sudden action, not knowing why he would purposely slice himself. 'Eh? Does he want me to bandage him up or something? What do I do?' I would've asked bluntly, but I had a feeling that this wouldn't bide well for some reason. 

"C'mon demon! You have nothing to live for after all... I know you want the blood.." His taunts fail to faze me, and I stare at him with my brows furrowed. 

'I suppose he wants me to drink his blood? Mmm.. that butterfly lady asked me how many humans I ate. This is obviously related. I guess I just have to resist? Not much of a challenge, quite frankly...'

I blink my dotted eyes, then I smugly smile mentally- but back in reality; where I'm standing in front of a whole bunch of intimidating people.- I'm just staring back at the man. 

'It's been too long... Okay, I've had it with this!' "Ahem... Do you want me to do something? I'm not going to eat him if that's what you all are here for."

The strange people silently gape in awe, but then return to their natural staring faces. My personal favorite intimidating person, then grins wide, and happily chirps; "kyaa! She's a wonder! She wasn't lying, Oyakata-samaaa!"

The Oyakata lad smiles. The guy with scars is gritting his teeth, the happy woman was squealing, and the rest of the people were staring, awaiting their master's word.

"Based on what I've just heard, our answer is final. My decision is that this demon will be protected, and treated the same as the Kamado twins."

I was filled with relief, but still- one thing needed to be clear still. Where was I going to stay? Hopefully that happy woman! But I'll ask anyways.

"Ah, mister Oyakata? Where will I stay? And, why do I have to stay anyways? Can't I just... y'know- go?" The sir faces my direction and lightly smiles, then gestures towards the other people in the room. 

"You can choose. Also, it would be dangerous and unsmart to let you back out... there when notice could be raised that a demon could be out of the demon king's grasp- which could serve great help to us."

I understand now, and I nod to myself. "Can I stay with the happy lady? With beautiful sakura dango hair!" I grin gesturing to her, content.

"Of course, child. Mitsuri, would you have the heart to share your hospitality to..." I gasp, when I realize my impoliteness when I keep him waiting. 'He's obviously waiting for me to tell my name! I'm an idiot!' 

"I'm so sorry, sir! I didn't mean to show any form of disrespect! Please forgive me!-" the words stumble out of my mouth like a raging river while I bow constantly.

"Do not worry, child, you didn't offend me. Now, what is your name?" He presses, gently. 

I stop bowing, and fix my posture, and then reply out of breath, "Y/N L/N, Oyakata-sama!" I repeated the name of which the other people referred to him as, just show my gratitude for him.

He softly gives a closed eye smile and chuckles. "To Y/N," he says finishing off his previous sentence from a while ago.

"Most definitely, Oyakata-sama! I'll shower her with care!" She's beaming with joy, and if I weren't in front of a whole bunch of people, I would go up and hug her tight! 

He dismissed the meeting, but before that I wanted to meet a few people! Maybe new friends..!

The woman I now know as Mitsuri, jogs up to me in a very revealing uniform. I visibly cringe, but I ignore that and focus on her dazzling personality!

"HI, Y/N, I'm Mitsuri Kanroji! Feel free to call me Mitsuri!" She merrily exclaims. 

If I wasn't excited before, I was now! 

﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌

Hint: You'll meet a lot of new pillars next chapter! Maybe even- Muichiro? :D