Chapter 12

It was becoming light and all Haruto and I did was look at our baby. She had the nose of mine and the mouth of Haruto's. She was all cleaned up.

She opened her eyes for the first time and looked up at me. We smiled and each gave her a kiss.

She wrapped her hand around Haruto's finger. It was so small and cute.

Haruto kissed me once more and thanked me.

"Thank you, Sasuke. Thank you for going through all this just for me. I'm sorry for letting Siro get to you. I won't let it ever happen again."

"It's fine, no need to apologize. Our baby is safe so thank you."

We loved each other so much. I was tired so I slept on the couch with Haruto by my side.

I woke up to the birds singing and the sun shining. I saw Haruto sleeping beside me. The baby was sleeping as well. I lifted my hand and caressed Haruto's cheeks.

"Thank you Haruto, for always being there for me."

I carefully got up with the baby. I was wobbly at first but caught my balance after. Setting the baby in her designated crib, I wore fresh clothes.

Haruto was sound asleep so I wrapped a blanket around his body. Everything was going to be different with a new member around. Hopefully she will cheer her parents up at sad times. Haruto and I will be great parents.