31.Secret doorway

Qibli, Winter, Twiggy, Moon, Flux, Kinkajou, Turtle, Carnelian and Umber all sat around a blazing fire, heat wafting from its fiery depths.

Qibli felt comfortable before the flames, watching them flicker and smoke rise into the air, but he could tell his boyfriend didn't share the same cheerfulness.He looked wary, and was watching the fire uncertainly.

"Don't worry, you can always frost it if it gets out of control."Qibli whispered to him, and he nodded tightly.

Sunny approached them. "Here, try roasted papayas."she handed them each a papaya.Kinkajou and Twiggy both looked delighted, but Carnelian looked disgusted.

Qibli impaled his with his stick and held it over the fire.He stuck it right in the middle of the fire and watched it burst into red flames.Then he held it up to his face and blew on it.He waited a few seconds then pulled it off, crunching into it.It was a slight bit charred, but not bad.Crunchy, for sure.

Winter on the other talon was slowly rotating his way over the fire, and the papaya became a beautiful roasted brown.Then he breath his cold breath onto it to cool it and plucked it up, munching into it.He shrugged. "Not as disgusting as I thought it would be."

"I love them."Kinkajou sighed dreamily, licking her claws. "Although, I like every fruit."

Twiggy had finished gumming his. "It was really good.I'm worried about
Sundrop, though, it's getting dark."

"Yeah, we should probably head back soon."Qibli agreed.

"I guess you're right."Winter stretched, yawning. "Let's try one more thing.Silver trout.One of my personal favorites."he waved Sunny over and she handed them all silvery fish.

They all roasted them and most devoured them, even Twiggy.But Kinkajou stared at hers, slightly disturbed. "But you killed the poor fishy! What'd she ever do to you?"

"Kinkajou, it's a fish,"Winter slapped his face with a talon. "It doesn't have feelings.She won't care if she's eaten."

"How do you KNOW that? Maybe Anna Beth has more feelings than you think."

"Anna Beth?"Winter raised a brow.

"Yeah.I named her."

"That's sick, Kinkajou, even for you."Winter snorted. "She's dead."

"Well, you're dead inside but we still love you."Kinkajou pointed out, causing Qibli to laugh.

"Whatever.Let's to home and get our daughter, Qibli."Winter stood up, clearly having enough of this conversation.

"Sure, babe."Qibli also stood, smirking.
Twiggy got up, throwing the eyes of his silver trout into the fire.

"Qibli-"

"What the oh my moons!?"Kinkajou squealed loudly, making everyone flinch. "Babe!? Since when fricking when!?"

"Since never.I told Qibli not to call me that."Winter snapped, blushing deeply.

"He likes it,"Qibli winked at Kinkajou. "He's just doesn't want to admit it."

"Oh my sparkles,"Kinkajou grinned at them. "You two are so adorable.
Now go get your daughter.Qinter for life!"she then grabbed Turtle's talons and began whispering to him in a hushed voice.

Then all three of them were flying in silence, smiles on all of their snouts.
They'd had a fun time, and Twiggy couldn't wait to tell Sundrop all about it.

***
When they got to daycare Dew looked worried. "Sundrop didn't show up today.At all."he told them.

That worried Qibli so much he almost threw up.