Chapter Sixteen

They trio went into an empty room, a room Freya could work in. She had been informed the Potter magic would allow her to use her magic in the room to free Klaus of some of the burden of his curse. Freya set up candles, made markings on the floor that she needed and as she was studying the spell, she jumped when she heard a crack and turned to see Jamie eating a carrot.

"Core witches and wizards can gain the ability to turn into animals but they gain attributes from their animal side. Sirius, Jamie's cousin supposedly has a bark like laugh because he turns into a Black Dog. Their friend Peter is a rat and can sneak around without being noticed in either form. Jamie changes into a doe, she likes carrots and salads and has a habit of freezing when she's shocked, apparently her ancestors do the same," Klaus explained, while Jamie slowly eats another carrot.

"Henrik likes the carrots too," Jamie mentioned.

"Really?" Klaus and Freya asked.

"Yeah, I wasn't going to tell him it's rude to tell a woman to eat a salad, but I got what he meant," Jamie mentioned.

"Anyway," Freya said, "I believe I've got it. I've got everything gathered and I would really like to learn more about those other ingredients," Jamie nodded, saying she could learn, "I've got the candles in the correct position, all I can say is there may be a brief headache because I am unsure how your wolf is going to react. Essentially, your wolf has gone a thousand years being present but not being able to come forward. If I remember correctly, untriggered wolves had temper problems, with yours being triggered but blocked, your paranoia was added on top of that and apparently Elijah and Rebekah couldn't figure that out," Freya ended it a little bitterly.

"I had a feeling about Kol," Klaus admitted, surprising the two women.

"You did?" Freya asked.

"And Finn," Klaus added, "Kol had gotten more temperamental when he was around witches because he couldn't do the new things he learned. Finn, as I didn't know about you at the time, probably just thought he was a disgrace, and he was mother's favorite so I'm not sure if he was also under a spell from Mother because he would be the only other one to remember you," Klaus explained, "But I thought it was odd that instead of being angry like Kol, Finn was depressed."

"Because he wouldn't be able to see Freya again," Jamie realized.

"Oh my," Freya gasped, feeling horrible for her twin, "Is that why you kept him daggered for so long, because he might find a way to die?" she asked.

Klaus nods, "He was going to lure Father right to him and let him kill him. Now that we know Father had been spelled to act like he did to us—to me, I have a feeling Father wouldn't forgive himself," he said.

"Father was a tough Viking, but he loved Finn and I. I was shocked to learn how he had treated you all, especially you for something Esther did. I knew something was wrong," Freya said.

"Do you need a moment, or can we do this?" Klaus said, visibly getting antsy.

"Yes, yes, get in the middle, shirt off and lay down, your head facing me," Freya ordered.

"Why the shirt off?" Klaus asked.

"Why question it?" Jamie asked innocently, blinking up at him.

"Jamie," Klaus whined, yes, he whined.

"Niklaus, shirt off, in the circle," Freya said sternly.

"Okay, okay," Klaus gave up and tossed his shirt of and heard Jamie sigh as she ate another carrot. It was her last for a moment so Freya could concentrate, at least she had a pretty sight to look at.

Klaus laid down and Jamie watched the spell happen. Freya had a bit of Jamie's blood that she would have to give Klaus. A soulmate bond, from what Freya learned, was the strongest part of helping Klaus break part of his curse. The fact that Jamie would temporarily have Mikaelson, vampire, and werewolf blood while she carried the reincarnated Henrik helped.

As Freya did the spell, Klaus felt like something was scratching in his head, he heard whining and growling before his he felt a pain in jaw. It was like something trying to break through, but couldn't. He felt his sister open his mouth was dropped into his mouth and the feeling became stronger and the crack was finally made. He could feel his wolf come through. The pain in his jaw resided, he assumed he wouldn't be gaining any canines or anything.

Klaus sprung up and faced his sister who gasped, "Your eyes are gold," Freya informed in.

Klaus found a blood bag Cannibal had likely brought up and reached for it making Freya gasp again and Klaus paused, "Your fangs are longer," she said. Then Klaus found Jamie. Then Klaus threw Jamie over his shoulder, "She's got a pup in her tummy!" Freya called and Klaus growled thinking Freya was thinking he had hurt his pup. Then Klaus ran out of the room with Jamie over his shoulder. "Your stamina is up too," Freya comments to herself as she cleaned up.