Chapter Three

"Original Hybrid as in...?" the man suddenly spoke, just realizing what Jamie had said.

"Yes, that Original Hybrid," Jamie said.

"Original Hybrid would like to know what the bloody hell is going on," Klaus spoke.

"In the Wizarding World, when you die, your magical essence can be put into a realistic painting and enchant them. It'll be them, but not. Become friendly with them and they'll help you out because some have attributes of their real lives since magic is a part of them. Like Phineas Black's painting is in the Headmaster's office of the school I went to, but he also has a painting in the House of Black's Ancestral Home and the git hasn't figured out Phineas won't help him and will blab whatever he says to another Black or Potter, especially when he kept muttering about potions he wanted to give Sirius, Regulus, their cousins, and I," Jamie explained.

"Why a Black or Potter? And what is that?" Klaus asked, pointing at Cannibal, who hadn't left yet.

"That is a House Elf, before this conversation even goes there, they are not slaves. They live off of magic and choose to do chores as a thank you. Some might seem like they get mistreated but a lot of pureblood families have a reputation and the Elves find it funny to play along to cause chaos amongst those who don't have elves. We're in the Potter Ancestral Manor; Liam doesn't know where it is because I haven't allowed him to know. He thinks where we live is it," Jamie explained, "That was Cannibal; he's brothers with Hannibal and Lector. What I mean about some elves finding it fun to play along is there parent—yes they're siblings—liked to enchant things to look like meat and go out and eat in front of people. They thought Cannibal, Hannibal, and Lector were fitting for their children because it was their favorite thing to scare wizards away. Whenever you meet the Blacks, they have a house elf that calls people names, I'm not going to accidently summon him in case he's busy," Jamie explained.

"How do you summon them?" Klaus asked.

"Since they feed off magic, when we call them it summons them," Jamie explained.

"Then how can you call the other elf?"

"Well, that goes back to the painting," she said, motioning back to the couple in the painting, now joined by another man that looked like the first man.

"The man that first showed up is my father Charlus Potter, the other man is my uncle Fleamont and the woman is my mother Dorea Potter nee Black," Jamie explained.

"Ooooh," Klaus said, figuring it out.

"Yeah, I can summon the elf because of my mother and the Potter magic lets him in because of an alliance between the Houses," Jamie explained. "But the soulmate thing," she added, getting back on to the original topic.

"Lector," Charlus called. Another elf popped in, "Yes late Master Charlus, hello Mistress Jamie and Mister Stranger," he said.

"Lector, this is one of my soulmates, could I have the Hallows book?" Jamie asked.

Lector jerked his head forward in a nod, ears flapping as he did so, "Yes, yes, need to fetch from Bates," Lector said and popped away.

"Norman Bates?" Klaus asked quietly.

Jamie looked a little sheepish, "Yeah."

"Who do you call for who?"

"Cannibal and Hannibal both like the kitchen, they're twins by the way," Jaime said. "But they cook, Lector had a less eyebrow raising name, so he's one that goes out and picks up stuff. Penny is short for Pennywise and is my personal elf. Krueger tends to gardens, Bates is in the library and also goes out, Stanley used to be my father's elf, Carrie was my mother's, those two are a couple and had just had little baby Chucky, and Loomis was my uncles. They take care of other things now, but you'll eventually run into them," Jamie rambled off quickly. Lector had popped back in with the book, "Bates says congrats Mistress Jamie," the elf said. "Thank you," Jamie responds.

The Potter witch guides Klaus to another room and sits down while he moves to sit next to her, spotting the three people following them in the paintings, "So, in the Wizarding world there was a family called the Peverells and today they are known to be a fairy tale. The book called The Tales of Beedle the Bard has the fairy tale story in it. Antioch, Cadmus, and Ignotus Peverell are the brothers known to have the Deathly Hallows. Death had felt cheated because they defied him, so he gave each an award with a trick. Antioch wanted to be powerful and received the most powerful wand: the Elder Wand. Cadmus wanted to see his dead lover and mother of his child, he received the Resurrection Stone. Ignotus wanted to be able to hide, to not be followed by anything or anyone, he received a cloak made from Death's cloak. Antioch was killed in his sleep after killing another in front of people. The Elder Wand has a nasty history of getting the owners killed. If you disarm the owner of the Elder Wand or kill them, the wand is yours. Cadmus had brought his love back, but she wasn't meant to come back and was only a shell of her former self. Cadmus eventually took his own life. Death managed to collect two brothers, but he could never find Ignotus, he was the one known for greeting death like an old friend. That's the story, but there were other parts to it. Parts only descendants of Ignotus and Cadmus know. Cadmus and Ignotus' lines were cursed by fate to have only healthy boys, girls would be squibs—no magic—or very ill. A little detail was added to the curse that if a healthy girl came along, they were destined to be soulmate of a powerful supernatural creature and Death himself," Jamie paused to give Klaus a minute to catch up.

"You?" he asked.

Jamie nods, "When I was born, I was immediately taken to Gringotts—wizard bank run by goblins—and tested because my parents had freaking out ever since they found out I would be a girl. It first said I had a lot of magic, I would be very powerful. Then it had a soulmate list, and there it was. The names 'Niklaus Mikaelson' and 'Death' were sitting there and my future titles would be 'Queen of the Supernatural' and 'Mistress of Death'. Of course my father goes on an angry rant every time it's mentioned and I'm sure he ripped Death a new one when he greeted him," she revealed.

"I did," Charlus grumbled. Klaus looked confused for a second, "Since we're Peverells we get to actually haunt the paintings and not be restricted to things like the other paintings," Fleamont said.

"You said you wouldn't separate from Liam yet because of your plan. What was it?" Klaus asked.

Jamie's responding grin made him worried.