Chapter 7

Persephone's POV:

Finally, we are out of that damn class. US History fucking sucks. Screw that all school sucks. We are heading now to Reading/Writing class. I mean it isn't that bad but I just prefer not being in school at all. Snapping out of my thoughts we make it to the class. We have a male teacher in his late 50s who honestly looks like a fucking pervert.

"Who are you?" He says. Huh, he doesn't seem like a bad guy, doesn't mean I like him.

"Jason Evans,"

"Beatrix Jones,"

"Isabella Jones,"

"Mia Jaxson,"

"Persephone Galanis," We all say and he nods and tells us to take a seat. We all of course take a seat in the back.

20 Minutes Later

"Alright class, I want you to write a poem that shows your biggest fears. I want you to dig deep into your heart and soul to write these poems. Then by the end of the class each of you will read it aloud," He tells us and I grab a piece of paper and write my poem down.

20 Minutes Later

Everyone has now read all of their poems aloud. Some about being afraid of spiders, snakes, and bugs. Some even wrote about fucking being afraid of birds. Who the fuck is afraid of birds.

"Persephone, it is your turn. Please read your poem." Mr. Gillies says to me. I do and stand up. I begin reading my poem.

Our Knees
Pried Open
By Cousin
And Uncles
And Men
Our Bodies Touched
By All The Wrong People
That Even In A Bed Full Of Saftey
We Are Afraid 

                                                                                               -Persephone Galanis

I finish my poem and look up to see my teacher looking at me. 

"Well, Miss. Galanis, that was...beautiful." He says 

"Do you mind if we put it in a picture frame and hang it outside the door with all the others?" He asks

"I guess," I tell him.

RINGGGGGG

The bell rings signaling us to go to our next class. I turn to Trix and wrap my arm around her shoulder and we walk out of class. Next, we have Art so that shouldn't be too hard. We walk into the Art room and I see a bunch of different artworks. 

"Who are you?" The teacher asks, I am guessing her name is Mrs. Tulip seeing as she has her name badge on. 

"Jason Evans,"

"Beatrix Jones,"

"Isabella Jones,"

"Mia Jaxson,"

"Persephone Galanis," We all tell her and she nods.

"Take a seat at an easel," She tells us and we do as we are told. 

"Alright class, today we are expressing our biggest fears through art." She says and I look over to Trix. 

"What the fuck is up with these biggest fears thing?" I ask whispering to her and she just shrugs her shoulders.

"Alright, you may begin," SHe tells us and we pick up our paintbrushes and begin to paint.

45 Minutes Later

I have finally finished my piece. I didn't know what I had down until I looked at it.