Chapter 1

Adonis's POV:

It is the twin's 5th birthday today, and the whole family is here to celebrate. My little girl is growing up so fast. Persephone was the first girl born into the Galanis family in 5 generations. We all automatically promised to love, protect, and give her anything her little heart desires. We also told ourselves that she was to NEVER know about the mafia life. We can't risk her getting hurt. 

"DADDY!" I hear my princess yell running into the living room snapping me out of my thoughts. She runs right up to me and throws herself into my arms.

"Γεια σου πριγκίπισσα μου," I say chuckling and picking her up to sit her on my lap. (Hello My princess)

"Ηελλο παπα," She says to me with a smile on her face. I love seeing her smile it warms my heart. (Hello Papa)

"Μην φαίνεσαι όμορφη με το φόρεμά σου," I tell her (Dont you look beautiful in your dress)

"Δεν ήθελα να το φορέσω, με έκανε η μαμά" She says pouting making me laugh along with everyone else

"Δεν ήθελα να το φορέσω, με έκανε η μαμά" She says pouting making me laugh along with everyone else. Persephone never liked girly things. She would probably rather roll around in the dirt. (I did not want to wear it. Mama made me.)

"Well, will it make you feel better if I gave you my present now?" I ask her with a wide smile 

"YES!" She yells clapping her hands. I hand her a small box and she opens it. She takes out the locket and looks up at me with a smile.

"Papa, it is me and you," She says giggling

"Yes, it is, my princess. You have to keep that locket safe with you at all times." I tell her to put it on for her.

"Thank you, Papa," She tells me kissing my cheek and giggling

"You are welcome, princess," I tell her kissing her head

4 Hours Later 

We are trying to get the kids to bed but they all want to stay with Persephone making it hard. 

"Okay how about this, I will sing you guys our lullaby and when Persephone falls asleep you guys will have to go to your own room, got it?" My wife says sternly

"Yes, Mom!"

"Yes, Aunty," 

She puts Persephone in her arms cradling her and begins to sing a lullaby she sings for her every night to get her to sleep.

Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly,

lavender's green,

When I am king, dilly, dilly,

You shall be queen.

Who told you so, dilly, dilly,

Who told you so?

'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly,

That told me so.

Call up your men, dilly, dilly,

set them to work

Some to the plough, dilly, dilly,

some to the fork,

Some to make hay, dilly, dilly,

some to cut corn,

While you and I, dilly, dilly,

keep ourselves warm.

Lavender's green, dilly, dilly,

Lavender's blue,

If you love me, dilly, dilly,

I will love you

Let the birds sing, dilly, dilly,

And the lambs play

We shall be safe, dilly, dilly,

out of harm's way

I love to dance, dilly, dilly,

I love to sing

When I am queen, dilly, dilly,

You'll be my king.

Who told me so, dilly, dilly,

Who told me so?

I told myself, dilly, dilly,

I told me so

I see all the kids have fallen asleep so everyone picks up one kid and brings them to their room and comes back for the rest. 

"Goodnight my princess," I whisper kissing her head as does my sons and wife. We slowly back out of the room not wanting to wake her. As we close her door I see my sons all head to their own rooms after kissing our cheeks and telling us goodnight.

"Come on, Αγάπη μου," Let's go to bed. I tell my wife as we head to bed ourselves. (My Love)

Later That Night

I wake up to a bad feeling in my chest. So getting up I check each of the children's bedrooms to see they are all in bed sleeping. I then opened my princess's room to find her window unlocked and opened with my daughter nowhere in sight. I then see a paper taped to the window.

Dear Adonis,

I took something precious of yours as you did me all those years ago. How does it feel now old friend? A love for a love, seems quite fair if you ask me. 

-Yours Truly Richard

I drop to my knees tears stream done my face and I hear a scream. I didn't realize that it had come from me until everyone is in the room.

"He took her," I say

"He took our princess," I say venom in my voice getting up off the floor.