Bleakness

••• Livius' point of view •••

"Get up!" Someone was yelling in my ear, I was tempted to reach up and smack them in the face. Probably because I knew it was my brother.

I groaned and buried my head in my pillow. Caspar pulled the sheets away from my body - the cold morning air attacked my body brutally. It attacked my bare legs and my arms. I curled up and wrapped my arms under my pillow for warmth.

"Livius get up!" The curtains were opened - letting in the harsh bright light. I saw red through my closed eyelids. I didn't stir still, I just wanted to lie in bed.

I could feel Caspar's irritation as he stood over me. I didn't need to see to know that he was there. He snatched my pillow away from my head. My eyes flew open. I grasped the other pillow beside me and flung it at his face.

Caspar yelled. The pillow he had in his arms caught me in the stomach. I rolled to the ground at Caspar's feet. I grabbed at his leg and forced him to the floor of my room aswell. I rolled onto him and fisted my hands in his white shirt. Caspar's hand collided with my cheek.

I went limp on the floor from the impact. He'd slapped me. Caspar took my confusion as a positive, he regained control over the situation. My brother's messy hair wasn't styled back, it fell over his forehead in a lazy manor.

He pinned me to the floor, his legs either side of mine. I yielded, giving into him - he was the stronger twin. Clearly. "Mom and Dad are away for tonight. I'm having a party. Now, get up and get ready." Caspar let go of me. He retreated away from me, as if he was already sick of me. Just like I was sick of him.

Caspar strutted out of the room, only when he'd left I began to pick myself up. I made my way over to my mirror and looked at the sad boy staring back at me. My black shirt hung loosely off my bony frame. The shirt was two sizes too big. It left an inch of my blue shorts uncovered.

I disliked my appearance as much as Caspar. He was the older twin I'd never wanted. With a sigh I pulled out a dark long-sleeved shirt. It was just plain black with a grey cotton entwined within the black. I tugged my shirt over my head; messing my ebony coloured hair further. I threw my shirt onto the bed. I turned back towards the mirror, I froze when I saw a large red cut running across my abdomen.

I ran my thumb over the red aberration. I couldn't remember getting it. The sting of my skin on the cut ensured me that it was real. I left my room, walking around shirtless wasn't usually my go, but it was only a few meters to the bathroom.

"What are you doing?" Caspar's voice cut through the air.

I found myself turning to face my brother, although I was halfway to the bathroom.

"None of your business," I replied sharply - covering my chest with my arms insecurely.

The blonde boy's eyes stopped on the large red cut across my skin. "What happened?" He pushed his hair back, I could see his muscles flexing from where I stood.

I shook my head as my bare foot moved backwards over the carpet; towards the bathroom. "I don't know, I'm just going to put a pad and some tape on it."

"That'll fall off," Caspar moved towards me, "I'll help."

He put a hand on my shoulder and directed me towards the bathroom. He gently pushed me down so I perched on the edge of the bathtub. Caspar went through the medical cupboard until he found what he was looking for.

I let Caspar dress my wound with no retaliation. It was strange. Caspar's warm skin connected with mine now and then, he wrapped a bandage around my waist a few times before tying it off neatly.