Blessed

Sebastian's Second Son part 3

Blessed

••• Caspar's point of view •••

Dan's laughing awoke me. I groggily rolled over in my bed, the white sheets crumpled. I was feeling the early morning stress upon me. "What are you doing?" I lifted my head and opened my eyes more, hoping to see what Dan was up to.

"Nothing," I saw the swift movement as Dan shoved his phone under his pillow. He was lying, I could tell from the mischievous grin on his face.

I rolled off my bed and onto the pull out mattress where Dan was lying. He was bundled up comfortably in his sheets, until I rolled onto him. I landed on top of the skinny boy, I mean I was skinny too, just he was a little less than me.

"Caspar!" He yelled, trying to push me off. "Get off me!" Dan's British accent added character to his voice, It was something different to the American accent. I noticed how different Dan's accent was to my own the very first day I met him.

Dan managed to push me off him, I pulled him to the floor with an 'oomph'. He was hovering over me with an irritated look, I was wondering wether I had annoyed him when Dan's frown turned into a smile. My face went straight with seriousness, he was plotting. Dan stood up quickly, rushing to get items of clothing from his bag. "I'm having a shower first!" he ran out the door giggling like a little girl who has had too much candy.

"My goodness." I sighed and picked myself off the ground. I was confused at what just happened. I pushed my blonde hair up and wiped the sleep out of my eyes. I got the feeling that it was going to be a long day.

* * *

I walked out of the bathroom, just having a shower left my hair a little damp, strands of my hair clung to my skin. My hair looked a dark brown instead of it's usual light colour.

I threw my towel over a chair in the lounge and proceeded to the kitchen. Dan was sat there hopelessly trying to make conversation with my twin. Dan had a white t-shirt on, it had a blue print of some beach on it. I smiled, he had rainbow skinny jeans on too. Inside I was killing myself of laughter, but I had to admit they looked good, they made his legs seem skinnier and longer than they already were.

I sat down next to Livius, he wore dark clothes, I didn't take too much notice of his Nirvana shirt, black jeans and black sneakers. He seemed like a shadow in the room, his charcoal coloured hair hung over his eyes as he stared down at his phone.

"Who are you texting?" I asked him, I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and bit into it. I didn't expect an answer, just a grunt or a shrug.

"Milly," Livius stated quietly, not taking his eyes off his phone.

I was a little shocked that my brother had replied I wanted to see how far I could push this. "You want to come with us to the docks today Livius?" It was a school day, but Dan had suggested it last night, we had stayed up late talking to each other. "Our friend Anna is coming too."

Livius seemed hesitant about answering, I noticed the the way he put his phone down and stared at the bench. His grey eyes matched the bench with the same cold look. "Um, okay," Livius answered after a few minutes. I was worried he wouldn't skip school with us for a moment.

This was the first time in ages my twin had agreed to do anything with me. I guess he had nothing better to do today, and having to go to school would be annoying for him. Livius returned to his phone quickly, as if he hadn't agreed to go with us.

I went to take another bite of my apple to find I'd subconsciously eaten it already. I threw the core in the bin mindlessly. Dan was staring at me, I could feel his eyes trained on the side of my head. I sat back down, shyly hiding behind my brother so Dan couldn't stare.