Chapter 25 [THE END]

After a few days, the wound has healed enough for me to leave the bed.

Sarah was transferred to Yarvey's prison, because we don't have a prison here in Fault Lake.

Everyone was relieved Hermann was gone, and happy that Jackson is my mate. Even more happy than when I became their Alpha.

After a week I send a reluctant Jackson back to Yarvey, promising to be there soon myself.

At the shack that is the office, Ivan, Chloe and I sit around the table.

"It's not fair," Ivan says.

"Look, I can't be the Alpha here while living at Yarvey. If you don't want to replace me with someone else, then you take the Alpha title, Chloe becomes the Beta and I can be the Delta. I'll work remotely and visit each week."

Ivan's legs twitch. "No way," he says, "I can't be getting calls from Mrs. Treckett."

I groan and look at Chloe.

"No," she says, "I remain the Delta."

This is all over high school again when we used to fight who gets which title.

"You stay as the Alpha and work as you proposed," Ivan says.

"What kind of Alpha lives outside their pack? What will others think of us?" I say.

"Since when we cared what others thought?" He says, making a fine point. But I'm not convinced yet.

"Let's take a break. We'll regroup tomorrow," I say.

After I return home, I call Jackson.

"How did the meeting go?" He says.

"Neither of those two selfish friends of mine will take the title."

He laughs. "If you'd ask me none of you should be in those ranks."

"Hey, I almost died for my pack," I say.

"It's better for the pack when the Alpha could stay alive and well," Jackson says, "Just do as they say. Keep the title and come here."

"What kind of image Fault Lake would have if its Alpha lives in Yarvey?"

"I didn't know you guys had an image other than being the pack that nobody knows about."

"Is that so? Then what were you doing living here for the past week?" I say. 

"Unfortunately something of mine is from that no man's land," he says.

"Wait until I spend all your money on Fault Lake and we become the most popular pack in the world."

He laughs harder. "Do you even know how much money I have? There's not enough things in Fault Lake to spend it on."

"You'd be surprised how much money I owe the weed dealer here," I tell him.

"Alright, take my money all you want and spend it on settling debts and building croc traps, just come to me soon before I come there myself and drag you here."

"Says the man that didn't want a mate."

"Says the woman who said she won't let me have her that easy."

I scratch the mark on my neck. "You took advantage of the innocent me," I say.

"Yeah, I remember how innocent you were at the valley climbing up the wall into the villa to see me."

I chuckle. "Ah, I miss the mean Jacky."

"I'm sure you'll get to see him again if you keep making excuses and continue to stay there."

"So you think I should keep the title?"

"I think you should do whatever you want to. Frankly, I think you can manage your pack from here and if needed you can always drive there. If too much work piles up I can lend you a hand. It's not like I don't care about Fault Lake. It's important to you. Which means it's important to me."

"Really? But Yarvey is not important to me though," I say.

"It isn't?" He says.

"No. It's just unfortunately something of mine is in that too big of a pack."

"That's right," Jackson says, "So make sure you don't let go of a damn fucking good looking guy like me who just fell onto your lap as your mate."

I laugh at the throwback.

"Of course, I won't," I say, "I'm an Alpha like you after all."

"Yes," he says, "That you are and a damn fine good one."

I smile. "Okay. You convinced me. I'll stay as the Alpha. See you tomorrow."

"Thank God, boosting your ego still works," he says.

I laugh. "You know what else works? A hot make out session on the couch."

"I'm afraid, I can't do that," he says, "I'm taking you directly to bed as soon as you arrive."

"Sex on a weekday? Shouldn't you be busy tending to your Alpha duties?"

"Making sure my Luna is thoroughly satisfied is also a part of my Alpha's duties."

"Stop stealing my lines," I say, laughing.

"How am I stealing? What's yours is mine."

"What do I get in return?" I say.

"Me," he unashamedly says.

"We've a deal," I tell him. 

End of book

A/N — Thanks for reading, everyone 💕 Please leave some feedbacks and votes if you can, it helps me improve my stories.  

If you haven't read any of the first nine books in ML series yet, I'd say it's time to get started ;) I'll definitely return for the next one — In the mean time, RAINSTORM and ABIDE are ongoing in my account if you're interested. 

See you later!