Chapter 06

"I'm gonna be generous here and ignore the fact that you just ignored my call. Coming Saturday you come to the H43 trail at Fraun," I say into the phone the first thing.

"I'm not going anywhere with you this Saturday or any other. It's good you're smart enough to know that I've been ignoring you, but seems not enough to realize why," Jackson says.

"Jacky, baby, I really am not the girl you should mess with."

"I don't make deals with people who think they could corner me and make me do whatever they want," Jackson says.

"And I don't go easy on those who give me their word only to betray me later."

"If you hate it that much, why not just reject me yourself?" He says.

I laugh. "You're not getting away that easily, Jacky. You want to play hard to get? Sure, I'll play with you, and I'll play you so hard, you'll come crying to me yourself."

I hear his laugh on the other side. "You sure know how to talk like an Alpha," he says, "I'm sure you can get away with being one too, if no one sees you in person."

"I'm not interested in showing up in front of everyone; just you. And when I do, I'll be sure to make you realize you just messed with the wrong Alpha."

I hear his smirk. "There's no way you can come near me. Walls here are not short enough for you to jump over."

"Wonderful. I'll take the door then."

"Listen, Leah; Leah, right? I know you think you have some kind of power over me because you're my mate. You think I'm gonna be like one of those boys in rut who'll do anything for their mates because they are dying to get a good fuck. But I'm sorry to disappoint you: I don't need a mate for a good lay; it's not worth shit to me."

"Who said anything about sex?" I say, "Did I say anything about sex?" I look at Ivan; He shakes his head. "You really think I would let you fuck me that easy even if you were to accept our bond now? When you've been nothing but an asshole to me so far? Don't even dream about it. But I'm still gonna fucking have you. I ain't the type to give away what's mine, even if it's a pain in the ass. How do you think I became an Alpha in the first place? I don't let anyone else take what's mine."

Ivan looks at me confused. I shrug at him and continue over the phone, "So you just keep sitting on your pretty ass waiting for me. I'll see you soon."

Jackson's POV

I put down the phone loudly on the table. "Hey, that's mine!" Wren says and picks up his phone. "Man, why did you take her call?" I ask him.

"Even if he did, why did you talk to her?" My Beta, Rick says, smirking at me.

"I know what you two are thinking," I say.

"You can't deny she has guts," Rick says.

"Sure, guts to talk big over the phone. She couldn't even release her hand from my grip when I was throwing her out. You think she's going to have me on my knees? Like hell," I say getting up. "I'm not going to be like my old man and fall for something as pathetic as a mate bond, and especially not for this smart mouthed crazy girl."

"What are you going to do if she comes for you?" Wren says.

"I'll show her the way out like I did last time. And this time, I'll not be so gentle," I say and walk away while the two of them look unconvinced at me.

They can doubt my resolve all they want, but I'm never going to change my mind.

Leah's POV

Chloe comes out with her hands covered in blood.

"Jesus, you look like a psychopath," I tell her, getting a bottle of water from the car and giving it to her.

"Ice pick is very messy. Anyway, the weed is in Mrs. Jerome's chicken coop. What do you guys were talking about?"

I tell her.

"What are you going to do then? Just bust in and kidnap the guy?" She says.

"If I could do that, I would've done it at the valley itself," I tell her before turning to Ivan and saying, "Now tell me all about this grandpa of his."

End of chapter