𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER NINE(sleepover!)

CHAPTER NINE
(sleepover!)

"THE THING IS THAT ALL OF US WERE REALLY IMPRESSED. Not just me, and uh, maybe how's a good time to, you know, for a change of scenery." The group watched as Tommy tried to talk to the blonde pianist on the phone, stumbling over his own words. Billy was quick to grab the phone from him, clearly done with the boy's nervous stuttering. Tommy tired to keep the phone, but in the end, Billy won, now speaking to the girl on the other line.

"Karen? This is Billy Dunne. Hi, look, uh, how would you like to be in the band?" The oldest Dunne brother waited for a second, clearly not getting a response. Graham and Elaine leaned against a nearby table, standing side by side. "It's okay. Uh, well, I was saying, the uh, Dunne Brothers would love to have you join our band. No actually, we're in LA. We'e got some gigs lined up, on the strip. We're renting a house." Tommy continued to try to get the phone back, whispering to the older Dunne.

"Let him talk, Tommy. You had your chance and you barely even speak a full sentence." Eddie and Warren nodded their heads in agreement with the Loving girl.

"So, what do you say, Karen? You wanna be in the best band in the world?" The boy sighed, motioning for Elaine to come over to the phone, handing it to her when she got close enough. The girl took the phone, greeting the blonde on the other side before she spoke.

"Be honest with me, are they worth it? Is being in this band really worth it?" Elaine grinned, the boys and Cami looking at her in confusion.

"I wouldn't be in the band if they weren't."

eddie roundtree: that's how we got one of the two best female musicians in our band. the other one being lainey loving of course.

interviewer: can you tell us about the band's first house?

elaine loving: it was definitely worn down to say the least, but for the time we spent there, the memories we made, it was home. even if someones grandma had died in it. cami and billy shared a room. eddie, tommy, and graham shared the master room, and me and karen had our own. warren slept on the pull out in the living room.

graham dunne: before karen got to the house, there would be nights where the boys would still be up, and i would want to sleep, so i just went to el's room.

eddie roundtree: he thought we didn't know where he was going. but when he didn't come back to sleep in his own bed, we knew who's room he was in.

warren rojas: he thought he was slick. graham wasn't that smart.

ELAINE LAID IN HER BED, THE BEDSIDE LIGHT ON SO SHE COULD READ. A knock on the door pulled her away from the story, telling whoever it was on the other side to come in. When the door opened, the girl met eyes with Graham, who looked too tired to still be awake.

"They won't sleep?" Graham nodded his head, rubbing his eyes as he shut the door behind him, making his way over to the girls bed. When he got to the empty side, he flopped down face first into the pillows, a groan leaving his lips as Elaine smiled. She switched the book into her hand farthest from Graham, the other one finding it's way towards his head of curls. The boy let out a deep sigh as soon as he felt Elaine's hand mess with his hair. "Goodnight, Graham."

"Goodnight, Ellie."