8. Sonic's Recovery

(We're going back to Sonic and Shadows side of this story, so please work with me here! May contain some spelling errors, will fix them later.)

Shadows POV

Shadow was reading a book in his apartment, it's been a while since him and Sonic had talked since that material collecting side quest. Even though they didn't really talk that much at the time either, Shadow was starting to think that Sonic was mad at him, or Shadow may have done something to hurt Sonic unintentionally.

There was a knock at the door, and Shadow  got up in a huge sigh and hobbled over to the door. Once his hand reached the door knob and then turned the knob, once the door opened Rouge came speeding into the house in a panic.

"Shadow, we need...to talk..." Rouge said as he was trying to catch her breath.

Shadow stared at the bat in confusion he placed out his hand for her to take, Rouge reached for the helping hand and stood up. She then lead Shadow to his kitchen and sat the Hedgehog down at his kitchen table and then pulled a chair out for herself.

"Shadow... I have some news to tell you." Rouge said as her head hung low, she didn't want Shadow to know but he had to know if they were going to get anything done. Shadow still stared at Rouge still with a confusing look plastered on his face, "Rouge... what's going on?" Shadow asked.

"Sonic, it's about Sonic." Shadows eyes went wide, he was concerned now not even confused. Shadow stood up and was already reaching for a cabinet where he kept a few babies of his own, Rouge saw what the Ebony was reaching for and in one swift motion and grabbed Shadows arm to stop him.

"You can't do that Shadow... you know Sonic would hate it if you injured anyone for his suspense..." shadow knew Rouge was right but he didn't care, he just wanted that whoever hurt Sonic gets what they deserve, one way or another. Sonic still meant a lot to Shadow even though they're taking their relationship slow and safe for the both of them.

Shadow sighed and put the gun down on the kitchen counter, he sat back down in his seat and stared at Rouge ready for her to speak. "So you know how Sonic was in the infirmary when Amy smashed his head against the wall during our vacation?" Shadows eye twitched remembering how that all went down and he wasn't there to stop her from causing a massive panic.. in response Shadow nodded. "So basically his wound is healing but, it is causing him migraines. And he needs medication, so I need you to take care of him in the meantime while Tails goes out to get Sonic's medicine." Shadow nodded and decided to grab his keys and motioned Rouge to the door so they can both head out.

10 Minutes Later

Once Shadow had arrived in front of Sonic's front door. He knocked and not even minutes after the door slowly swung open, and Shadow was met with Sonic whose fur looked very faded and Shadow also noticed that Sonic looked more tired than usual.

"Why are you up, shouldn't you be in bed?" Shadow questioned. Sonic gave a weak smile and moved so Shadow can step inside, Shadow took the motion and walked inside only to be met with a very neat house. Tails must've cleaned it before he left.

Shadow picked up Sonic bridal style and made his way to Sonic's bedroom. Once he opened the door then made his way to Sonic's bed he gently placed the Hedgehog under the covers and sighed to himself. "You really know how to make a mobian worry faker.." Sonic snickered at the comment and gave another weak smile, "that's my job Shads." Shadow rolled his eyes playfully and then went back downstairs to make Sonic something to eat.

'This is going to be a long weekend..." Shadow thought to himself.

(Yes another chapter out, this one is rushed but don't worry I am going somewhere with this story just stick with me here!)