Chapter 8

Found Diary of the Dark Lady
September 1st 1971

Dear Diary,

I wonder almost everyday if Dumbledore regrets his decision to bring me back. It's almost as if, since being brought back to this life, I have stopped aging. I haven't done much magic as my life now consists of acting as the anchor to a maniac. I'm the only Witch (and wizard) who is not afraid of Tom now. Well, except Dumbledore. I am also the only person whom Tom trust wholeheartedly.

We've built a pretty great life here in Riddle Manor. Sure, he does dark magic and his appearance has rather quickly become that of someone I would not recognize if I hadn't watched it changed. I still love him, of course. You don't just stop loving someone because of their appearance changing? If it had been an accident that changed him, I'd feel the same.

Yes, I'm aware. I should be afraid of him, but I simply cannot make myself. He is my great love and when he's here with me, even though he doesn't look like the man I fell in love with, he still is. He's still the sweet, well-mannered man I knew. When he is in meetings with his followers, yes, he becomes quite terrifying. Yet, I guess I'm rather insane because I find it quite intriguing when he becomes a monster.

It's the first day of Hogwarts for my little niece, the one who is going to become part of the prophecy that Dumbledore claims will hurt a lot of people. He could be wrong though. Dumbledore tends to over exaggerate. And who am I to stop a prophecy that has already been set in motion. I have never met my niece, so why does it affect me? It's not like Tommy is going to murder her and her entire family or anything...

I am happy. I am loved and being the Dark Lady is honestly very fulfilling. I have people who do everything I ask. I am no longer known as weak, spineless Miri who fell in love with Tom Riddle. I'm Lady Voldemort. The wife of a mad man, people shall soon tremble before my name, before my presence. And I shall love it.

Goodbye for now,

Esmeray

February 24th, 1980

Dear Diary,

Tom and I are expecting twins. TWINS!! It's a miracle really, who would have thought that our age we could start a family. Tom seemed insistent that it should be this year that we have children. He claims he will have finally eliminated the biggest threat to our family and we will officially be known as the Lord and Lady of the Entire Wizard World. We will have started our journey to eliminate all of the Muggle Born imposter Wizards who do not bow to us.

Our children shall be legends. We've decided on the names Mattheo Tom Riddle for our boy, and Celine Esme Riddle for our girl. Tom hated Celine at first, knowing it was a tribute to Marceline, but he got over it after I insisted. I know he will be an excellent father. Our children will be pure blood, the children of the most powerful wizard of all time. Of course he will love them. And everyone else will fear them. They shall be our heirs. Our beautiful, beautiful, heirs.

Yours,
Lady Voldemort

Halloween, 1981, 5pm

Dear Diary,

I have pleaded with Tom for hours not to leave the manor to pursue whatever harsh plan he has for tonight. It's the Twins First Halloween. I thought it would be fun to celebrate as a family, but he has other plans. So instead, my little pumpkins and I will be celebrating on our own. Tom will be home soon.

Halloween, 1981, 11:59pm
Tom is still not home, should I be worried? What if something had happened? What if something had gone wrong? I shall keep this book updated with my fears as it helps me cope with them.

Yours,
Lady Voldemort

November 1st, 1981

Dear Diary,

I am overcome with grief, my heart is shattered. My husband, my love, the father of my children has passed away. I cannot even bring myself to be angry for the way that he killed my niece and her husband. He didn't kill the child. It should not have taken him away. His life should not have been taken for them. He just wanted to stop whatever dumb prophecy that Dumbledore set forth. This was the prophecy, I just know it. Dumbledore is a prick. He's a prick, I tell you.

And the entire wizarding world is celebrating! The greatest wizard to ever live has died and they are celebrating? Do they not appreciate greatness anymore? Can they not see that all he wanted to perfect our race? To give our children the world that deserve? A world of pure-blood wizards and witches who would not taint our blood lines with filthy mudblood. I shall not stand for it. I shall not. I shall not. I shall not. I shall not. I shall not. I will bring him back, I will bring him back, I will bring him back.

Lady Voldemort

Third Person POV
It is said that after the death of her beloved, Lady Voldemort, who was once known as the sweet, kind and caring, Esmeray Evans, lost her most precious asset, her mind. It is the truth. Her children would slowly watch their mother deteriorate mentally. She was still beautiful, but not she was crazy. She sits in a chair, staring out the window all day, convinced that her husband will come back to her.

The children are 11 now, about to get their Hogwarts Letters. They know who they are, the son and daughter of Tom and Esmeray Riddle. The maid that has taken care of them since their mother became unable has avoided telling them who their father really is. She's hoping nobody will bat an eye at the Riddle name. And since Voldemort is dead, nobody will know that the children are the children of You-Know-Who...