Chapter 7

Hogwarts Grounds, 1969

Darkness, peace, tranquility. Thats all I feel. Then suddenly...

I jolt up, taking a breath as my lungs burn like I've inhaled a years worth of smoke. I look up to see a tall, beared giant standing above me, "ey, Professor! I reckon she be awake now."

I take breath and look over at the man, "Hagrid? Why do you look so...?" I say, trying to think of a word to describe what I'm seeing.

"Old? Ye can say it. I got old, ey?" He says with a chuckle.

"What the hell?" I say as I look around, "did I do the spell wrong and accidentally time jump? What is going on here?"

Dumbledore chuckles, looking at me like I'm crazy. "You were effective in killing yourself, Mrs Riddle. We all look old because we have gotten old, it's March 1969. We resurrected you using a horcrux?"

I laugh out loud, "I'm in coma, aren't I? This is a dream. I never made a horcrux."

"You did, Miri." Dumbledore says to me, "your wedding band became a horcrux after you let go off Marceline Horn."

"Okay." I say, confused, "why did you bring me back? Isn't Avada Kedavra unforgivable?"

Dumbledore looks at Hagrid, "you can go now, Hagrid. Thank you for your help."

He turns and smiles at me after Hagrid has gone, "because I need your help, Dear. I'm afraid that your husband has only gotten more insane since you last saw him. He's become one of the most feared Dark Wizards in the world."

"What does this have to do with me?" I ask sincerely.

Dumbledore speaks next, "I need you to find him. Make him fall in love with you again and we're hoping he can possibly be redeemed before he does the unthinkable."

"Again, what does this have to do with me? I was at peace, it's been 40 years, he's in his 50s, how am I to make him fall in love with me. I'm 16."

Dumbledore smiles, "no, Dear. You're not. When you come back, you come back at the age you would have been. You're in your 40s, Sweetheart."

"What?! Why?! What does this have to do with me?!" I scream, frustrated with why they've brought me back to seduce the person who i killed myself to get away from. And on top of that, they made me 40 ??

Dumbledore hands me a picture of a redhead young girl. "Who is this?" I ask as I look at the people I've never seen.

"Lily Evans." Dumbledore says, "your Muggle Born niece who will have her life ruined by your husband in a very short time if you don't stop jom. I can't stop it because we can't change the prophecy ourselves. Only Vol... Tom can change his future."

"What did you call him?"

"He's going by Lord Voldemort now."

"Lord Voldemort? I remember he used to say he would use it. And how is a Muggle Born my niece? My family has been pure for centuries. They're one of the eldest Pure Blood families in the Wizarding World?"

Dumbledore sighs, "well, you see. A few years after your death, your brother was determined to be a Scrib. Your parents sent him to Muggle School and he met his wife there. They then had your nieces, Petunia and Lily. Lily will be a witch, Petunia will not. We know this is a lot to take in, but we really do think you could convince Tom to change his mind. A prophecy that I do not want to believe has become known to me. It affects your niece. You have to convince him to change his mind before the prophecy is fulfilled, if his mind is not changed, I must do exactly as the prophecy entails and it may not end well. If you don't it could be fatal for a lot of people. We are counting on you, Esmeray."