Megan's Interlude

Megan

Kane has been missing for 3 days.

Three days.

He went to the movies with his girlfriend Kelly Marshall and was said to have gone to the bathroom and never returned. At least that's what the bitch told the cops.

We think–I think he's been kidnapped. But everybody, especially the Everdales are worried to a fault. We have no solid information whatsoever.

We've got nothing.

Just a sloth whore's empty and vague report of what might have really happened.

But we hope–I hope we find Kane.

Ray Everdale, My father. Has offered a $10000 reward for whoever found Kane.

His son. My older brother.

I drop the stupid article on the floor. Kane was gone. My brother was gone. I felt really lonely now, without him";"z the house was too quiet.

Too quiet.

I guess this is the part where some cliché life-reckoning quote comes in.

You never know what you truly have until it's gone.

Life is too short to waste a second of it.

People say...

"You never know what you have until you lose it"
Truth is, you know exactly what you have, you just never thought you would ever lose it.

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

A distant memory.

You truly never know what you have until you lose it, and once you lose it, you can never get it back. This is the reality I live in now.

I better get used to it. It's for the best.

Mom and dad only stayed for a day. After hearing they still hadn't found Kane, they took off. They bolted through the damn door because of a goddamn business deal? Like the narcissistic and selfish parents they were. It didn't surprise me. I wasn't in the least wowed by it. I was shocked they even made it here at all.

I sigh. Only he knew how I felt about them leaving us all the time. Because he felt it too.

Work. Work. Work.

All the fucking time.

Then why the fuck did you have children.

Why the hell did you have us?

Every night when I was a kid, I would kneel by my bedside with my hands clasped together, and pray. I knew what and who I was praying to. And I hoped He could hear every single request I made. I would talk to Him because He was the only one I could trust, give my all to and not worry about getting backstabbed or betrayed or abused or shunned away.

Or ignored. Like I wasn't even there. Like I was invisible.

Kelly didn't give a fuck. Not a single fuck. She was too busy fucking other guys. Sloth whore.

I check my phone for messages. None.

"Megan, do you want any hot cocoa?" Marlene asked, one of the maids. I knew they were trying to comfort me, but we all know it should be my narcissistic parents. That is their fucking job.

To comfort your children when they are sad.

To sympathize with them when they are grieving.

To give them solace so they know they aren't alone in the world. And in the dark.

To give them relief when they are anxious and frustrated.

To help them when they call out to you, in desperate need of it. Because you're the only person out of 9billion people in this world that gives a fuck about them.

Coming back to what is now my reality, I call out, sinking into the couch. "Yes"

I was still a bit pissed at Kane for what he did. But all I can do now is hope for the best. Hope.

And pray.

I made myself fall asleep, because when tomorrow breaks, everybody was going to be bugging the fuck out of me with questions.

Stupid questions.

*END OF MEGAN'S INTERLUDE*