1 | Prison Bars

1 | Prison Bars

___________________________________

I stumbled down the stairs.

"Stella! Go get us some beers!" James barked

"Yes", I say, going to the kitchen. Sighing, I go to the refrigerator, pull out four beers. Go to the living room, drop the beers on the table. I can not help but wheeze and cough because the room smelled of smoke and weed. I stiffened when I feel someone smack my ass. I turned around. It was Dave. I hated all four of them. I have never had so much hatred for anybody.

"Go clean the damn house!" James snarled. I nod. He didn't care if they touched me, or beat me, or raped me. Because he did it too. I go get the broom. They were all out of it already, drunk and high. I glare at the four of them: James, Dave, Steve and Dine. I hated them so much that if I was offered the chance to get rid of them, Their homicide would be called a Jane doe case. Because none of their body parts would be found. I did my best trying to clean as they shamelessly eyed my body head to toe with that stupid grin on their faces.

"You dumb bitch!" Steve screamed, more like screeched. I looked at him. He dropped his cigarette and I just knew he was going to blame it on me.

Grabbing me by the hair, I whimper. He slapped me hard, I fell on the ground grabbing my cheeks. It stung like a motherfucker. It was bleeding. I was waiting for something more to happen. Like pinning me against the dinning table and...I never really remember what happens after that.

Running to my room, I fall on the ground. I never "lie" on my bed because it was just a mattress on the floor with dried blood and dirt. The place I always get raped and beaten. And where my mom died. Where James killed her.

I go to the window. Wishing I had freedom, looking at the bars that separate me from the rest of the world. The one thing that separates me from what my hearts yearns deeply for day and night. For 10 years of my life. 10 long, miserable, wretched years. But there's another desire my heart yearns for that these window bars are keeping me from doing; Ending everything. In a second, in a flash. If not for these bars, i would have jumped over a long, long time ago.

It was raining. I hated the rain. It reminded me of that night. The night my life entered the palms of James, my step-father. The night the only reason for my existence in this world had been taken away in the blink of an eye.

I look down at the long scars on my arms. They already look like well designed tattoos by now. I have thought of escaping this hell. Believe me, I have. But when I acted on that impulse, that idea. I got caught. My punishment was worse than ever. And I never tried it again.

Hearing footsteps, i fall to the ground. I never sleep at night. I was never safe from them. I pull my knees to my stomach, detesting my outfit. They picked everything I wore. My outfit for the day. My outfit for the hour. My outfit for the occasion. They picked anything that could show my breasts and curves. They would even attach a scarlet letter to every skimpy, slutty and whore dress they told me to put on. Which I never thought made any sense. Because I wasn't an adulterer and neither was I a shameless whore. The tank top was too small, it showed half of my breasts, because I had a D-cup. And the skirt was so short, it showed my bum.

My door suddenly bursts open and I just knew. "Get up!" Dave snapped at me. I get up quickly.

"James needs you to go to town and get some things" I look at him in shock. Were they lying just to get me in trouble? I rarely get to leave the house even if it's for 5 minutes. Dave takes out his pocket knife. It's a 6 inch sharp knife. He puts it on my neck