3 | Taken

3 | Taken

Kane

Kelly and I decided to go to the movies.

My arms wrap around her as we got out from my red Porsche. Our clothes were all rumpled up, from a very satisfying make out session.

Everyone was staring at me.

"Hey Kane" Some of them greeted as we walk pass. I nod in response to the people I knew. I was really popular at Hurtwood Academy. It was the best time in Summer. Summer break. It was beginning to get dark but not too late for me. Perfect time actually. This was my favorite time of the day. At night. Especially when I'm going to the movies. With Kelly, it's never a bore, I assure you.

We enter the theatre and head over to get our tickets for The Hunger Games. I pull Kelly through the crowd, as she spotted people she didn't like, she would push them. I couldn't help but do the same, Although a lot people already seemed to move when they saw me.

We get seats in the back and start making out again. We have to finish what we started in my car but I don't think anyone would take it lightly if they see full on free porn right in front of them. We would definitely get thrown out. But some day I'd like to try that though, it's freaky and I like that. That's why I'm with someone like Kelly.

Moaning quietly and then pulling away."I gotta go to the restroom, be right back babe" I tell her, slipping out of my seat.

I head for the restroom, which to my surprise was empty. All the stalls were empty. Something didn't feel right. I felt a presence other than my own present here. It was as though someone was in here watching me, so I look around. No one.

I swiftly turn, when I hear footsteps. In the long dark gloomy empty hallway, I notice three looming broadly huge figures suddenly emerged, dressed in all-black attire, their faces concealed under menacing hoodies, and their hands gripping sharp knives. Panic surged through my veins, but I tried to remain composed, already understanding the predicament in which I was in at the moment. hoping to reason with them.

"Whoa, hold on! You don't want to do this," I said, my voice trembling slightly. "You have no idea who you're dealing with. Let me go, and you won't regret it." I tried my best to maintain a bold statue

The tallest of the three scoffed, "Oh, we know exactly who you are, Kane. But you see, we have other plans for you." His voice sent chills down my spine, and I could sense that reasoning wouldn't be enough to dissuade them.

In an instant, the situation escalated, and one of them pressed a cold blade against my neck, sending a shiver through my entire being. Fear and anger intertwined as I faced these unknown assailants, who seemed to take delight in my vulnerability.

Laughter echoed in response to my desperate warning. "We know exactly who you are, and that's why you're so valuable to us," the leader – I assumed, sneered.

Before I could react, James brought out a gun, pointing it directly at my head. My heart raced, my mind scrambling to find a way out of this terrifying situation. But there was no escape from the cold, hard reality.

I was going to fucking die. And in the shittiest way possible. Fuck. This was not on my schedule plans.

"Say goodbye to the world for now, Kane," The leader hissed

"Wait, what"

Before my brain could do the math or the English, he brandished the gun and swung it towards my head, sending me spiraling into darkness.

When I regained consciousness, disoriented and struggling to comprehend what had transpired, I found myself tied up and gagged in the back of a car. The cold metal of the gun had left a haunting memory, and my heart raced with apprehension. I tried to speak, to reason with them, but my words were muffled by the gag. They laughed callously, uninterested in anything I had to say.

"You think your family's money can save you? We've hit the jackpot!" one of them exclaimed, causing the others to revel in excitement.

Anger surged within me, and the reality of the situation began to dawn on me. My parents' absence, always away and preoccupied with their busy lives, suddenly became a source of resentment. If only they had cared more about me and Megan, none of this would be happening. In that moment, I made an oath to myself that these vile kidnappers would pay dearly for every moment of terror they inflicted upon me.

My heart sank at the thought of my family being the motive for this horrific act. If only they had been around more, if only they had prioritized us over their busy lives, perhaps none of this would be happening.

As the journey dragged on, my senses slowly returned. I could feel the car come to a stop, the engine humming to a halt. They dragged me out of the vehicle, my face still obscured by a bag, leaving me helpless to discern my surroundings. Each step was accompanied by jarring bumps, my head colliding with stairs as they half-dragged me forward.

They ordered me to get up, and I stumbled, half-dragged, my head bumping against the unforgiving stairs. Finally, the cold, harsh sound of bolts unlocking filled the air, and I was thrown into a dark, putrid-smelling room. As they removed the bag and gag, and I blinked in the dim light, my eyes adjusting to the gloom. My surroundings became clearer - a grim, desolate space that seemed to echo with the horrors of its past.

Attempting to gather my thoughts, I analyzed the room. The room smelled of dried blood, alcohol, drugs, and the overwhelming stench of despair. I attempted to get up, but I was shoved hard forcing me back to the dirty floor. My eyes scanned the room, seeking any opportunity to escape, and caught a glimpse of the leader.

James.

My mind flooded with recognition as I recalled his notorious reputation as a druggie, drug dealer, and thug in the infamous thief in our town. His sinister presence only intensified the fear and anger within me. In the dim light, I noticed a figure standing in the corner. My heart sank further as my eyes adjusted, and I recognized her - his daughter.

My heart sank at the sight of her, an innocent being caught up in her father's malevolence. I glared at her, holding her partially responsible for my predicament, for the torment I was enduring.

My mind was ablaze with fury, and I made an oath to myself. These assholes would pay dearly for every moment of pain they had inflicted upon me. With each breath, I reaffirmed my determination to survive, to escape, and to bring them to justice.

In that dark, sinister room, I swore an oath to myself - an oath to stand strong, to find a way out, and to bring these ruthless kidnappers to justice. As I lay on the cold floor, I knew that the road ahead would be fraught with danger, but I was determined to survive, to fight back, and to reclaim my life from the clutches of these heartless individuals.

In that dark, wretched room, a battle raged within me—a struggle against fear and despair, a resolve to endure and fight back. I knew that the path ahead would be perilous and fraught with dangers, but I was determined to emerge from this nightmare stronger and unbroken. My family's wealth might have made me a target, but it would not define my fate.

I was Kane, and I was not going down without a fight.