Chapter 18

September 2022; The Old Macher House

As Gale sped, following my daughter, Sid checked her phone to see where they were. But I had a bad feeling, and Billy knew exactly what I was thinking.

"It ends tonight. One way or another. Do what you need to do to protect our daughter." He spoke. "I'll be there with you to help. I won't let anything happen to her."

He knew I couldn't reply with the others around, so my silence didn't bother him.

He no longer hated Sidney. Instead, he wallowed in his regret constantly. He knew we could be living the perfect life right now if he hadn't had gone mad. If he stuck to the plan they lied about. Or even if they managed to escape. I would've gone with them, and he knows that.

All he can do now is watch out for us.

"They stopped." Sid spoke up. I quickly turned my head from Billy to her.

"Gas station?" Gale asked.

"No," she paused, "Oh shit."

"What?" I questioned nervously.

She turned her phone first to Gale, then to me. I felt my heart drop to my stomach as I realized where she was right now.

My old home.

I looked over to Billy in shock and noticed the frown on his face. Once again, he knew what I was thinking at the moment. Our daughter was most definitely in danger now.

"Oh shit, how far are we?" My voice broke the silence.

"Too far." Sidney answered.

I whipped my phone out and started dialing my daughter's number. I've always had it, just in case. You can never be too prepared.

"Hello?"

"You need to get out of that house right now!"

"Or what, I'm grounded? How do you know where I am?"

"You're in my old house! Where your dad and uncle killed everyone! You need to get out! Someone planned to get you there. You need to get the fuck out, Sam! I'll be there soon!"

"Shit. Okay, let me find Tara."

"Be careful. The killer is most likely in that house right fucking now. I'll see you soon. Please stay safe."

"I will."

I quickly hung up the phone and felt the rage in me again. When it came to Sam, I was ready to kill anyone that would hurt her.

"Gale, step on it!" I snapped. She pressed the gas harder and the car sped faster than before.

Looking over to Billy, he had that same protective look in his eyes. He may not actually be here with us, but he felt the same way I did. Nobody was going to fuck with our daughter and get away with it.

After about ten minutes, we pulled up to the house I've been dreading to see for years. Too many memories, good and bad, lived in that house. Growing up, the first kiss, movie nights, getting pregnant, watching the love of my life die. It was all there.

We stepped out of the car once Gale parked, and I stared at the large building. In any other case, I'd reminisce. But it was time for action. With Billy by my side, I prepared my own weapons while the two women grabbed theirs.

"It's about time you get to use that knife." He chuckled dryly. I turned my head towards the house as screams rang out.

"Sounds about right." Gale sighed.