Chapter 5

Summer 1995; The Macher Residence

"I hate her, Y/N. I hate her so much." Billy cried angrily. He only ever opened up like this to me.

I was fifteen when his mother left, he was sixteen. He sat on my large bed, with his head on my lap. I comfortingly rubbed his arms as he opened up to me. It's just how we were.

"I hate all of them! Dad for cheating. Maureen for being a slut. Mom for leaving me behind. I hate them all." I lightly brushed the tears off his face and shushed him.

"You don't deserve to go through this shit, Billy." I spoke quietly.

"Why would my mom just abandon me so easily? Did she ever even care? Was it all an act? Is it something I did?" He was getting angrier. I sat him up and pulled his head up to look at me.

"She abandoned you because she's fucking worthless. So is Prescott, so is your dad," I paused, "But it was nothing you did, Billy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with you."

"How could she?" He let the tears fall freely as he looked into my eyes. I shook my head and pulled him into a tight embrace as he sobbed into my shoulder. "Please never leave me like she did."

"Never, Billy. You're stuck with me. And shitface down the hall." We both chuckled, but I continued to hold him.

"Can I stay with you tonight? I'm tired." He whispered. I let go of him and nodded, then stood to grab a pair of pajama pants for him that he left here before when hanging out with Stu. They were comfy and close to my size, so I stole them.

"I thought I lost these." He looked confused as he caught them.

"Nope, I just kept them." I shrugged, then turned around so he could change.

"You're good." The room went dark as I shut the light off. Once I made it to the bed, I curled up under the blankets. I pulled him into me, knowing he needed the comfort, and played with his hair until I heard him snoring softly.

It wasn't this first time we've slept in here like this. He was my best friend as much as he was Stu's, only he didn't open like this to Stu.

I couldn't sleep. I wanted revenge. I wanted to make them all pay for hurting him. He'd never find out, but I've loved this boy for years. Seeing him hurt always killed me, but this was the worst I've ever seen.

I thought of all the ways I could do to get back of them. The one thing that kept crossing my mind scared me, but it wouldn't stop. The plan just kept forming itself.

Kill Maureen Prescott.

Frame her lover of the week.

Kill Maureen Prescott.

Frame her lover of the week.

But how? It would take a lot of planning. And help.

"Am I really thinking about this?" I whispered to myself.

Little did I know at the time, my brother and Billy were going to do that exact thing, and more.

"Hmm?" Billy hummed, still half asleep. It was already five in the morning. I was definitely skipping school.

"Nothing, love. Go back to sleep." I kissed his forehead.

I wish I could tell him how much I truly love him, but I guarantee he looks at me like a little sister. Little did he know, I'd do anything for him.

I was in my head until the morning alarm rang, which woke Billy up with a start.

"How long have you been up?" He asked as he stretched out.

"Bold of you to assume I've been to bed yet." I smiled tiredly at him. "I'm thinking about ditching today. Wanna join me in a very long nap?"

"Absolutely. Let me let Stu know first." He hopped out of bed, leaving it feeling cold. The scent of cologne and hair gel still lingered on my sheets, which always made me happier than it should.

He was gone for about fifteen minutes before he kept on the bed, landing right on me.

"Billy, you ass!" I breathed out as he went limp on me. "I can't breathe."

He placed his arm above my head and lifted his upper body up, then stared back down at me. My pulse began to race in that moment. My long-term crush and best friend was looking at me in a way I've never seen before, and I couldn't get away.

"Better?" He smirked.

"Y-Yeah." I squeaked out. He leaned back down and left a lingering kiss on my forehead, then rolled beside me. He wrapped his arms around me and sighed in content.

"You're so cute when you're flustered." He joked. He groaned in pain after I swiftly elbowed him in the ribs.

"Ass." I grumbled. In retaliation, he squeezed me tighter and rolled so that I was now in top of him. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks as I looked down at his smirking face. I took this as my chance to flip the tables on him.

"You're so cute when you're under me." I grinned evily. He tried to remain cool, but I know the boy too well. I saw how his eyes widened ever so slightly, and I felt how his heart rate quickened under my right hand. "What's got you so quiet, hmm?"

"I'm not quiet, I'm thinking." He replied, raising an eyebrow at me.

"That's never a good thing." My chuckle quickly turned into a squeal as he flipped us around, which left him on top of me once again. I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest as he drew closer and closer. His lips gently brushed across my face as he brought them up to my ear.

"Or is it?" He whispered. In that moment, it felt as if my lungs quit working. He kissed my jaw lightly as he slowly pulled his head back up.

"I-I- um," I stuttered.

"You look tired, time to sleep!" He rolled back off of me and closed his eyes. Fucking asshole.

"I hate you." I shook my head and curled back under my blanket, and let him drape his arm around me once more.

"You love me and you know it." He mumbled as he slowly fell back to sleep.