Chapter 5

"I give it a month and a half, "I said. All my friends were staring at Kaleb and Tori. They were whispering in eachother's ear and laughing and smiling.

They seemed so in love but looks can be so deceiving.

"I think you're being too generous Tami, I give it a WEEK and a half and that's it, "Tawny disagreed.

I shrugged. The countdown until that walking disaster of a relationship blew up. Tori was cute, I'm not going to hate on her basic swagg but she was in modern terms a "hoe." She didn't try to hide it either, she flaunted it. She was a black girl with a tongue piercing that I heard she uses very well, from her, herself and others. She had long flowy tracks with some kind of blond highlights. She was wearing some cut off shirt that said Kiss my shamrock which left her entire abdomen exposed, her belly button piercing on full display and a short form fitting skirt that stopped above her knees and some 4 inch heels to finish off the look.

I thought it was a cute outfit but... worn by Tori it was a prostitute uniform. It was just the way she wore it.

I took a bite of my french fries and turned to Nikole who was still watching her cousin.

"I swear Kaleb is blind as a bat, "she murmured shaking her head.

"What's up with you Nik? " I asked.

"That idiot has an perfect opportunity at a wonderful girl and he blows it for her, "she responded.

"Geez Louise, I don't like your cousin. We are friends, "I argued and stood. "I've got to go."

I threw away my fries and grabbed my bag and went out to the courtyard. People were eating and taking and reading and kissing.

Okay, gross. I took a seat at one of the tables in the shade. I took out the Great Gasby because we were currently reading it in A.P. American Literature.

"Well look who we have here, "an always familiar Irish accent said.

I looked up and smiled. We were friends. We tolerated eachother.

"Hey Kaleb. What brings you outside? " I asked.

"A girl, she's about 5 foot 4, she has shoulder length dark hair, not a stitch of make up, soft lips and gentle brown eyes... And I can't seem to find her, "he said.

I smirked. "Well I think I seen her go back into the building. You just might find her there, "I replied.

He grinned. "Ahhh the Great Gasby. We're reading that too, "he said.

"Oh really.. "

"Yep, I like the plot, "he continued.

"Seriously. Everybody was having an affair with everybody, "I responded.

"Yeah but, it all came down to true love right. Gasby really loved Daisy. "

"I think it was lust."

"When two people love eachother everything else doesn't matter."

"But Daisy was married that's adultery. "

Kaleb laughed."True, but think about it Love. If you weren't happy in a relationship and you had feelings for another person but that relationship your in felt safe to you, how would you feel? " he asked gazing at me with interest.

"Like an idiot for getting into that relationship in the first place, "I said matter of factly.

I better get going before become missed and they can't live with out me, "he sighed standing up. He looked down at me with a smile."I'll see you around Tami."