Chapter 9

(Beyonce's P.O.V.)

So yeah, it turns out I am pregnant, I was 2 weeks pregnant the day I passed out at the library and now I'm 4 months old. Nothing happened interesting those months besides the fact that I could feel my baby kick, that I saw it on an ultrasound, and the fact that it's a girl! Both me and Shawn are very excited, we painted her room with a soft blue, some rainbows, flowers and a couple of planes and balls. Mrs. Green said that planes and balls were a boy's thing and that it was outrageous to paint a girl's room blue, but me and Shawn don't believe that colors and shapes define the sex of the baby, in fact all her clothes that we bought are yellow or green, tho blue was still my favorite color.

I was walking to work this morning happily cuz my baby girl kicked me 3 times waking me up. I know I said I didnt want any kids, and I did not plan this. I didn't want any kids with Lyndell, because he wasn't good for me, can you imagine what he would do to a child? I couldn't even think about it.

'Good Morning Mrs. Green'

'Good morning Beyoncé, good morning baby girl!' She said rubbing my belly 'Have you thought about a name yet?'

'Oh we thought loads of names, but we haven't decided yet...But there is still time'

'Sure honey'

'So what do you need me for today?'

'Well, since you are becoming a mother I was thinking maybe you could read for the children today'

'Really?' I said excitedly, I had been waiting for this for ages now.

'Sure, I've chosen a book tho.'

'Ok, no problem.' It took about 15 minutes til I heard children's voices approaching, I was so excited to finally read for them. They all came in, really little children, about 5 years old, they were so cute. As they chose a seat on the ground Mrs. Green introduce me for them

'Now this is Beyonce, she'll be reading for you today. She's got a wonderful voice' A child raised her hand 'Yes dear?'

'What's that lump on her belly?' I looked down and my baby moved, clearly they couldn't see it had moved but they could see my bump

'She's pregnant, dear. There is a baby there'

'A BABY?!' All the children said at once and there seemed to be a lot to talk about, their teacher hushed them and 3 other children raised their hands

'Now, one at a time, you Jordan'

'How did it get there?' Oh that was a tricky question

'Well...' I started

'Now, there is no need to answer that now, I'm sure we'll see that in class once we are done with the reading' Their teacher said winking at me, I sighed in relief.

'Ok, Are you ready to hear a story?' I asked them when they calmed down, they all nodded excitedly and I started 'The book is called: the ugly duckling.' As I told the story they would listen very quiet and at the end of the story they all had questions about the duck and its appearance. I explained at my best and when they were gone Mrs. Green smiled at me. Tho I was about to sit down again when a child came over to me

'Ms. Beyonce?'

'Yes, honey, what is it?'

'I was wondering if you could get me a book'

'Sure, what is your name sweety?'

'My name is Lyndell.' To hear that name my whole body shivered. I couldn't say a word so I smiled

'What's the book's name?' He got a piece of paper and started reading

'How to fake a death to loved ones' He read

'What?! Why would you want such book honey?'

'Well, it says here that I need some answers' He said showing me the piece of paper. I froze. It was Lyndell's writing. I knew it very well, when he signed our wedding's paper, when he wrote me letter while he was away. It was him. I dropped everything, my heart racing, I started running to Shawn's work place.

'SHAWN!' I called out, he was at his lunch time. Now working at a fabric cuz he got tired of Starbucks, plus they paid him better

'What is it? Honey, what's wrong?' I was tearing up and tired from all the running, it took me a while to tell him what happened

'A child named Lyndell... a paper... his writing...he knows'

'Calm Down, now explain to me what happened' I told him everything, he then lifted his head and looked around as tho as checking if anyone was watching. Then he took me home and made me some tea so I'd calm down, but I wouldn't 'Babe, think of the baby, you can't be nervous like this'

'But...Lyndell...'

'I'll check it out ok?!'

'Don't leave me alone!'

'I wont! Don't worry...Do you think maybe you could stay at Mrs. Green's house for the night?'

'I think so'

'Great, let's go then' He took me to her house and she was more then welcoming, she made me dinner and we sat watching TV. I was still disturbed

'What happened you came bursting out like that?!' She asked.

'It was...It's complicated' I said and I started crying, just the thought of him, his face, his laugh, his evil smile, it just made me go insane, It was what I feared the most, and it happened.

'Well, if you want to talk about it...' Suddenly I saw myself telling her everything, telling her about Lyndell and how aggressive he was, telling her about my parents, something I hadn't told Shawn, and when I was done, crying like crazy, she started crying too. 'Oh Beyonce, I had no idea...' She said now crying too

'Well, Mrs. Green, please don't, it's ok now, I got Shawn...'

'NO! It's not that....Oh my God, I had no idea!'

'What are you talking about?!'

'This man came up to me' When she said that my heart sank and I figured everything iout on a snap 'And he said...He said that Shawn was the one hurting you, that you didn't want to be with him and that Shawn had taken you away from him, that he was your true love.'

'Mrs. Green...' I said putting my hand in my mouth

'...And I believed him, I did, I'm sorry...'

'What did you do?'

'I helped him. I had him information...I told him you were pregnant, I told him that Shawn worked on that fabric, I told him...everything' I couldn't think for a moment but then I got up as fast as I could and tried to call Shawn, but he wouldn't answer. I called 2, 3, 4, 5 times and he didn't answer. I was starting to get desperate. I suddenly left the house running towards mine, what if Shawn was there? I wasn't thinking right, Mrs. Green screamed at me not to go and that she was sorry but I couldn't hear it, I was focused on getting back home. When I did, I found no one there. I ran across the living room and my room and then to my baby's room and to my shock, there was someone there I hadn't seen in a while, but it wasn't Lyndell.

'Beautiful room, you din't tell me I was gonna have a grandson'

'Dad...'

———————

Ok, the heat is turning up! As y'all didn't answer my question on the last chapter I got Bey pregnant, lol.

Hope you like it! Don't forget to vote and comment!

XO