15

garebear <3: so you're really not going to show me your dress until i come pick you up, huh? my mom wouldn't even show me a picture, she just gave me the tie you gave her and told me to wear it. and, believe it or not, it's crooked and she wouldn't help me fix it. she said that it's my own problem.

(y/n): i'll help you with your tie when you get here. and that's correct. i begged her not to show you; your parents and my parents are the only ones that have seen my dress ;)

garebear <3: not fair! my dad has seen your dress and i can't?! whatever, you jerk. but i'm on my way (and so are my parents; they want pictures) so you better be ready. see you soon <3

You set your phone down on your nightstand and looked at yourself in the mirror one last time. You smiled at your reflection and fixed your curls slightly, making sure they fell off your shoulders perfectly.

"Honey?" Your mom asked, knocking on your bedroom door. She opened it slightly and peeked her head in. "Your date is here, are you ready?" She smiled, stepping into your room. You looked at the mirror one last time; your reflection staring back at you.

You fixed some of the tulle on your light blue ball gown and smiled to yourself. Fixing the a-line straps slightly you stared down at the lace detail that sat on your chest and stomach. You did a quick twirl in the mirror and smiled more, grabbing your phone before looking back at your mom.

"Yeah, I think I am."

"Wonderful! You know, the next time you two are this dressed up will be your wedding day."

"Mom," you groaned. "We're not dating."

"That's what you both say, but please, myself and his mom know differently. Mothers know best and we're always right." She smiled. "Come on, let's go get pictures taken. You two are on a schedule."

You smiled softly and walked out of your room and down the stairs carefully, trying not to trip in your heels. You made your way to the bottom of the stairs and looked around the room, confused when you saw no one around. Until you heard talking in the kitchen.

"Mom, please, my tie is so crooked." Gareth complained.

"And, as I said, that's your own problem." His mother replied, shaking her head.

"But, it needs to be perfect." He responded. You slowly made your way to the kitchen, secretly thanking your parents for keep the god awful ugly carpet in the living room. You tiptoed behind him and put your finger to your lips signaling his parents and your dad to be quiet. They all smiled softly in response.

"It will be perfect, honey. I promise." His mom replied, taking a seat on one of the chairs at the island in your kitchen.

You stood right behind Gareth and smiled, he had no clue you were there.

"Look, I just want everything to be perfect for (y/n). I mean, she turned down Jason Carver, and then lied to the entire school and said she was going with me. Like, that's crazy. She turned him down and decided to go with me." He shook his head, looking down at his tie. "I just want her to feel like she made the right decision."

"Why wouldn't I have?" You asked, making him jump. He turned around and stared at you, going wide eyed as he looked you up and down.

"Wow," he breathed, taking in your appearance.

"Hi, Garebear." You smiled slightly and looked at his tie. "I think your tie is crooked," you giggled.

He frowned, "see!" He groaned. You took a step towards him and held his tie in your hands. You smiled to yourself as you fixed it carefully, straightening it out. You looked up at him and smiled, receiving a smile back from him as he stared at you, his eyes fixated on your every move.