11

TW: Mentions of Drug Use

"What did you wish for?" Gareth asked softly, his arm falling back to his side.

"I can't tell you, silly." You replied, looking over at him.

He frowned slightly, "why not?"

"Well, if I tell you it won't come true. That's the point of wishes, whether on a shooting star, your birthday candles, on an eyelash; anything. If you tell someone what you wished for then it won't come true."

"I'll tell you what I wished for," he replied, looking back up at the sky.

"No, you won't. I want both of our wishes to come true, so you're not going to tell me anything." You argued, looking at the sky. You watched the constellations sparkle above you before you looked back out at the lake. The water was calm, there was very little wind tonight. Occasionally the water would ripple because of a fish here and there but other than that it stood still.

It was almost as if time had stopped and was sitting still.

"Fine, you win, (y/n)." Gareth said, before he grabbed his phone out of his pocket. You watched as he fumbled and struggled to open his phone with his password, the light from the moon above you both not being enough for his Face ID to work. "Hey, don't look," he joked, trying to cover his password from you. "I don't want you going through my phone and leaking songs that everyone else wants released. Or worse, leaking other things that are on there."

"I would never do that, however, maybe your birthday isn't the best password then. Anyone can get into your phone, not just me."

"You mean to tell me yours isn't your birthday?" He asked, sitting up on the hood of his car and looking at you. You sat up too and shook your head, grabbing your phone out and handing it to him.

"Try it, it won't work." He pressed the digits of your birthday and frowned when it didn't open.

"Then what is it?"

"It's just a pattern I made up one day, it's been the same ever since I first got a phone. It's easy to remember, is only 4 digits and it's not my birthday." He tried a couple more things he thought your passcode could be before he handed your phone back to you.

"I give up, you must have a really good passcode." You smiled in victory before you tapped your fingers on the screen: 4273. He watched your fingers dance across your screen and hit the numbers before he looked up at you.

"Yeah, that's something I would have never guessed in a million years." He chuckled, checking the time on his phone. "It's getting late... we should probably head back soon."

"Yeah, I'm okay with that. I'm actually freezing so..." you replied, hopping off of the hood of car.

"If you brought warmer clothes you wouldn't be cold, you do know that, right?"

"Maybe if you had warmer sweatshirts I wouldn't be cold," you said as you pulled the hood of the sweatshirt on over your head trying to warm up more. He frowned and stood up, walking over to you.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think it would be this cold tonight," he admitted. "Come here," he said softly, opening his arms for you. You smiled gently and walked towards him, wrapping your arms around his torso. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close to him, his chin resting perfectly on your head. Instantly the warmth of his body flooded into yours, making you forget that you were actually cold a few minutes earlier.

You inhaled his scent deeply, his classic cologne giving you both comfort and happiness. The aroma of sage and mint mixed with lavender was something that he's been wearing daily since you were 15. Ironically around the time you noticed and started smelling this new cologne was also around the time you started noticing other features about him. And when you started noticing the feelings you truly had for him.

He hummed softly and pulled away gently, looking down at you. "Let's get you home and into a warm bed, yeah?" You smiled softly and looked up at you.

"Is my bed ready for me? Did your mom get it made up for me?" You asked and he nodded in reply. Typically when you stay the night at his house you stay up in his room together for hours before you actually head to the guest room to sleep in the guest bed.

"Yeah, it is." He added, pulling away from you, placing his hands on your arms. "And I can tell you're cold so, let's go before you get sick and blame it on me," he joked, rubbing his hands up and down your arms a few times.

"Fine, fine," you smiled and wiggled out of his grip and walked over to the car door, climbing in slowly.

~

"I don't know, I think it's kind of weird, don't you?" You asked, sitting up on Gareth's bed. You looked over at him and giggled when you saw him on the floor just staring at the ceiling.

"I don't know if weird is the best word," he started, turning his gaze to you now instead of the posters on his ceiling. "But yeah, I don't know how Eddie always does this. I feel like... fuzzy?" You started laughing more and laid back on his bed, looking up at the ceiling as well.

"Yeah, this might be a one and done for me, you know? I don't think I'll ever really smoke again," you replied through laughs. "Plus, I'm kind of hungry."

"Oh absolutely, plus, this floor is so uncomfortable but I don't think I can get up and make it to my bed."

"Want help?" You asked, rolling onto your side and looking down at him. You smiled when you saw him and laughed slightly. "Because you look so uncomfortable."

He shook his head and looked at you, "I don't think you could lift me."

"Well, then I'll come down there with you, and we'll both be uncomfortable." You replied, trying to sit up. You sat up slowly before you stood up, trying not to step on Gareth. You stepped over him before you fell to the ground next to him, groaning slightly. "Ouch, that hurt my ass." You frowned and looked at him.

"Hey, welcome. Join the club! My ass also hurts, want a massage?" He said while laughing. You shook your head and laid on your side, looking at him. He rolled to his side so you were facing each other and just smiled. "Hi, princess." He said softly, admiring you. He scanned your face with his eyes and took in all of your features slowly.

"Hi, Garebear," you replied, smiling as you looked at him. Your eyes met each other briefly before you both quickly looked away. You put your hand up slowly and moved his curls out of his face, smiling to yourself as you pushed them back a little. "I think you need a haircut," you said, your hand staying tangled in his hair.

"I don't think so," he responded. His hand found your hip and gripped it softly, pulling you towards him, closing the gap between your bodies. Your chest was against his, your faces inches from each other. "I like it long, it bounces when I drum." He added, however, you didn't really hear any of that. Your heart was beating so fast in your chest from his sudden touch and the sensation. "Do you not like it long?" He asked, his thumb now rubbing circles on your hip slowly.

"Wh-what?" You asked, trying to snap out of it. But you couldn't help it. From the fuzzy feeling from the drugs Eddie had given Gareth, to the fuzzy feeling inside your stomach to being this close to Gareth, to the fuzzy feeling in your head; you just couldn't help it.

"Are you alright?" He asked, his eyes scanning your facial features again. You felt a lump in your throat and no words came out so you just nodded slightly. "Are you sure?" He whispered, moving his face closer to yours. "Because you don't look too good." He frowned, his hand leaving your hip to tuck some strands of hair behind your ear. Your face instantly went red when he touched you causing you to bite your lip softly as you just stared into his eyes.

Before you knew if his lips were so close to yours that you could feel his breath on yours. He looked back into your eyes quickly before he closed the gap and pressed his lips to yours.

~

~~
Author's Note: Once again, long time no see I'm so sorry. Life just kept throwing punches but I'm back into the swing of things and should be updating this more regularly I promise ok thank you all love you <3