[56] Pac [Midnight]

Pairing: Pac x OC (with mentions of Hangman x OC)
[Pac's birthday fic is here! I made it as cute and fluffy as possible :) because it needs to be.]

- - -

How had he made it through thirty-seven years of his bastard life? Most days, Pac wasn't quite sure.

The past year alone had been one full of many highs and lows for Pac. He'd become the first double champion in AEW history, holding not only the All-Atlantic Championship but the AEW World Trios Championship alongside his beloved brothers in Death Triangle — however, he'd also been forced to sit out for six months (after losing both titles) due to an injury suffered at Full Gear 2022. But, he had returned for the chaotic Blood and Guts match before he had an (unsuccessful) match for the ROH World Title with Claudio, so that had to count for something.

Hell, Pac had even been able to get payback on Gravity of all people, the motherfucker that had forgotten him so many years ago.

Okay, so maybe the luchador that he'd submitted with his Brutalizer hadn't been the force of nature that he'd incorporated into his gimmick back in his independent days (which had carried over into his WWE tenure) but it was still a fun match that Pac had enjoyed immensely.

Now, on the eve of his birthday, Pac sat atop a cliff in Georgia, his ass settled on a rather uncomfortable rock that gave him a wonderful view of the city beneath them. Elizabeth stood nearby, facing the same direction as Pac was and enjoying the same sights. He couldn't help but to wish she'd back up just a bit; while she was graceful in the ring she could be far more clumsy in day-to-day life and the last thing he wanted was for her to take a tumble down the mountain.

Still, Pac had to admire how beautiful his girlfriend looked in that moment, illuminated by the moon and the stars. For as cold and heartless as Pac liked to portray himself (which wasn't entirely false), the love he had in his heart for this one single woman was enough to make his chest feel warm. She was special.

"I'll have to thank Max again for showing us this spot," Elizabeth's voice was pleasant above the sounds of the chirping, excited insects and animals around them. "It's gorgeous up here."

While in Georgia, they had depended on the advice of Elizabeth's best friend. Maxine had been born and raised in the state and, naturally, knew the best places to relax, unwind, and enjoy the beautiful scenery.

Her recommendation had been a stellar one. With Elizabeth's poor sense of direction, they had been lucky that Maxine (and Hangman, by association) had been kind enough to lead them up there before the sun had set. She'd even offered to come lead them back if they needed her to, but Pac had always enjoyed exploring nature and was confident in his abilities to follow the simple path back to the road.

"Peaceful as well," Pac remarked. "A nice distraction from it all, huh?"

While life hadn't been bad for the couple as of late, it had certainly been busier than ever. There was always a certain hustle-and-bustle that came from pay-per-view months (and there was certainly more stress this year to ensure that All Out wasn't quite as... chaotic this time around) but with All In, the biggest show in wrestling history, less than a week away, it had been hard for Pac and Elizabeth to find a moment of peace.

They were excited. Of course they were.

But everyone needed a moment to unwind and decompress.

"Up here, it's like I haven't got a worry in the world. No big title match in front of eighty-thousand people, no fear of failure..." Elizabeth spoke of her cares so casually that Pac almost believed they weren't weighing heavily on the back of her mind. Almost. "It's just you and me here... and whatever woodland creatures are waiting in the trees to jump us on our way out."