let me in

Why we always at war?
What am I here for?
Cause you know I really don't wanna be in the way
Just wanna make you feel safe
Let, let, let (let me in)
Let, let (let me in)

៚ • five
៚ • bronx, ny
៚ • 11am
៚ • bryson jr. walker

You can have my love
You're the girl of my life
Am I all you're dreamin' of?
Yes, you're my desire
I wanna give you so much
For the things that you give to me
Just take my love, baby
Because you are so dear to me

It was a Sunday morning and I was singing my heart out to Jodeci while I got dressed. I didn't have any plans for today which was unusual. Usually I always have something to do, but I guess today I just get to relax.

Or maybe I'll call Jalani to come and play ball...

I don't know, but right now all I want right now it to make myself a smoothie.

Once I finished getting dressed I walked back to the bathroom to hang my towel up.

"Goodmorning my wonderful brother." I heard and rolled my eyes.

"Bria take public transportation." I said before turning around to see her and Samaria.

"Why you at my house and ain't tell me?" I asked Samaria and she shrugged. I walked past them and down the stairs.

"Bryson pleaseeee, Samaria and I need to go to the mall. I need a dress for Laila's birthday party."

"It's a 30 minute bus ride to the mall. Go take the bus." I said grabbing the bag of mixed fruits from the freezer.

"But you have a carrr, I thought you loved me." She pouted sitting on the counter.

"I do love you, but I'm not in the mood to drive. You shoulda asked your partner in crime to not fail her permit." I said earning a mug from Samaria.

"Ughhhhh you're so annoying, I'm gonna tell mom."

"Leave Mom and Dad alone while they're on their weekend getaway. You can't always get your way."

"You're supposed to help me as your little sister."

"If you empty the dishwasher, make my smoothie, wash those dishes, and clean up the counter I'll take you." I said and she neared her eyes at me.

"Samaria help me!" Bria exclaimed and Samaria just shrugged.

"Ughhhhh ok. Deal." She put her hand out and I shook it before walking upstairs to my room with Samaria on my tail.

"Good morning Bryson."

"Good morning Samaria."

"Will you be accompanying us on our trip to the mall?" She asked as we reached the top of the stairs.

"Ya wanted to get dropped off. Bria didn't invite me." I replied and she crossed her arms.

"What's with the attitude?"

"I don't have an attitude. I'm dropping y'all off and then coming back home to relax."

"Then why do you insist on not coming?"

"Samaria do you want me to come?"

"I'm not saying I want you to come. I'm just saying why are you so opposed to coming?"

"Look, I'm not arguing with you. I didn't even know you and Bria were going somewhere until 3 minutes ago. If you want me to come just say that, but I'm not boutta stand here tryna read between the lines." She just stared at me for a while after I said that.