Scene 2: The Run Away

Yvainne: Tristan, tristan! Where's Samuel? Where is he? (she said excitedly)

Tristan: He'd not see you?

Yvainne: What do you mean? It's the time of our plan! Where's Samuel? Oops, oops. We will do the plan after the hide and seek? Okay. I'll start seeking him. Samuel? (still excited)

Tristan: (felt sorry) Yvainne.

Madam Clarisse: Tristan is right.

Yvainne: (shock and nervous) Mama?!

Madam Clarisse: Samuel won't see you. He's gone. Far away from you my dear daughter.

Yvainne: (faced Tristan) I don't understand. Tristan, what's Mama doing here? Did you tell her of our plan? (whisper)

Madam Clarisse: (heard the whisper) An excellent guess, my dear. He told me but it's for your own good sake. Tristan had found out that Samuel wants you because of money. Your money, our family's diamonds. You should have believed me before --

Yvainne: That's not true, mama! I know Samuel. And you had misunderstand him! So please, don't put him in vain. He lovea me and I'm sure of that!

Madam Clarisse: How pity you are, my dear. After all, you still believe that bitch rather than me?? (looks towards Tristan) Why don't you tell her since you're the one who found out?

Yvainne: Tristan, Mama's lying isn't she? Samuel is your bestfriend. He would not even think of that. Now, tell me!

Tristan: (he hugs Yvainne) I'm sorry but your Mama's not lying. 'Cause of that, we're no longer bestfriends.

Yvainne: (slaps Tristan) You, too is lying! You're like them! I trusted you as your bestfriend, Samuel for sure.

Madam Clarisse: How dare you say that to Tristan?! (slaps Yvainne) After he have saved you from Samuel?? Tristan told me of your plan because he heard Samuel talking to a guy to kidnap you. And they would ask money from us. Tristan and I personally met him. We want him imprisoned but he asked for mercy, so we let him! Tristan offered him a big amount of money for him to be out in this country and be not back. So he fleed immediately with the money! How generous and merciful Tristan was then, dear? (smiles back to Tristan unknowilingly)

Yvainne: No! Samuel! Why did you do this to me?? (kneeling and crying)

Madam Clarisse: (tap Tristan and and whisper) It's your chance, comfort her.

Tristan: (offer his hand to Yvainne and wipe her tears using his hands then he hugs her) I'm sorry. Accept the truth. Samuel had not loved you. You won't be alone, I'm here. I love you as Samuel didn't.