Lets Dance

The next morning went the same as the last. Get up, get dressed, and make this day's breakfast and lunch. After all the food was made prepared and ready to be served I walked up to Gene. She was turned around to talk to another servant. When she finished I spoke up

"Madam Gene?"

"Yes," she said and turned to face me.

"I heard you dance. I've been wanting to do something in my free time and I thought that might be a good option." I paused to see if she would say anything and she didn't "Can you teach me?"

Her face instantly lit up and a grandmotherly smile spread across her face. "Of course," she said excitedly "I'm on break just after lunch and we could meet in the gardens and I'll gladly teach you!"

Gene was practically bouncing with joy as she told me this. "I believe I could meet you in the gardens."

"Philipa" Iris jumped out from behind me causing me to flinch in surprise. "Whatchya doin'"

"I'm asking Madam Gene to teach me how to dance," I said smiling up at her.

"Will you teach me too?" Iris asked Gene

Gene's smile grew as she realized she gained a new student.

"Hang on," Iris said searching the room "AHA. Imogen, Lydia come here!" She hollered across the room.

Imogen and Lydia started their walk to us as I looked to Iris in confusion. "Why did you call to them?"

"Just wait," she said. Then the other two girls made it to us.

"What do you want?" Lydia asked

"Philipa is asking Madam Gene to teach her how to dance and I want to join her do you?"

Imogen looked at me in suspicion while slowly nodding her head. Even though the events were clearly playing out in front of me I can hardly comprehend what was happening.

"Sure why not." Lydia said nonchalantly "as long Madam Gene is okay with it."
Gene whos smile is continuing to grow and excitement is seeping from her. "Of Course, we can all meet in the gardens during the lunch break!" Gene Exlaims with happiness:

I could not help but smile at Genes' response and laugh a little before saying with all seriousness and vigor to learn "I put my best effort into these lessons and become the best student you ever taught."

"Me too," said Lydia

"Me three" Iris said her smile growing

Imogen pointed to herself then held up four fingers and smiled. I could tell she was actually looking forward to this despite her suspicion toward me.

"Great!" Gene said, "We will meet every day except the weekends after lunch in the gardens."

"We'll see you there!" I said and the four of us left all with a happy smile plastered on our faces.

It was funny for me I wasn't expecting to have other students learning with me. I was curious to see how this might change my time here, but that didn't matter what mattered would be if I got out of here and home in one piece.