Chapter 7- YOU ALL ARE VERY DISGUSTING.

Hi guys!!

7- YOU ALL ARE VERY DISGUSTING PEOPLE.

The six of us were seated in two cars parked in front of the Pittock Mansion, as Caleb conversed with the guard. Damon, Shayne, Carlos, and I were seated in Carlos' car which Caleb had driven surprisingly. Crystal and Drew had come in Drew's car.

She had insisted we all come here after school today. It was clear she believed Carlos' conclusion that Candice was murdered. She still wasn't on talking terms with the rest of us. She had been communicating with us through a proxy, meaning through Drew. She was very much upset with us and everything but she still wanted her answers.

I had tried to talk to her immediately after she overheard our conversation and stormed out of the restaurant yesterday but I had gotten the most derisive remark I had ever gotten from Crystal.

"I don't talk to hypocrites and liars, Samantha traitor Pears."

I had cried myself to bed that night. Thankfully, Theresa was there with me, patting me until I had fallen asleep. Of course, after demanding I told her all that happened considering I had run into the house with my hands on my mouth in an attempt to suppress my loud sob.

Shayne, Damon, and Carlos had also called later that night but I was too weak to talk to them so Theresa helped out instead, informing them that I wasn't in the mood for calls. They sent kind texts afterward. Especially, Carlos, assuring me everything was just going to be fine.

I wanted to believe him but I couldn't imagine Crystal hating me. It hurt me so much. I know how much she despised Pastor Dave for saying a similar thing. God knows what is currently running through her mind.

"Sam," Damon called, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Caleb says we can come out now."

"Oh okay," I mumble.

"It'd be okay." He said, giving my hand a slight squeeze.

"I hope so. I can't imagine losing my friend." Carlos glanced at me at that statement. I knew he was also worried too but he was more worried for me.

I sighed, pushing the door open and stepping out of the car. I spotted Crystal immediately walking briskly towards the big house. Drew walked slowly behind, watching her. I glared at him a bit. I had a subtle hint they were together and my petty side also wanted to call my friend out for secretly being in a relationship with Andrew Baxter.

I tagged along anyway, falling into steps with Drew.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey, Sam." He responded. His voice was low, cautious even and it made me recall our conversation at the Tom McCall waterfront park. Drew reached for my hand and gave it a slight squeeze before walking on ahead.

I felt my eyes tear up immediately. Why ever did God tell me those things? Why ever was I the one? These questions kept on bothering me. I was just a new girl in Crystal High trying to heal from the hurt and heartbreaks I had experienced in Idaho. Portland was supposed to be my fresh start. But Portland was looking far from being a place of peace.

"I don't think it's a good idea for us all to go in," Crystal said emotionlessly as we stopped in front of Caleb. "So we had better split up." When no one responded, she rolled her eyes.

"Drew, Shayne, Carlos, and I would go in. The rest of you should stay behind to look out." She said. I glanced at Damon to see him purse his lips. I know he wanted to be in. Knowing Crystal, I wasn't expecting her to call me anyway. But thankfully, I wasn't going to be alone with Caleb.

"I'm gonna take a walk around, Sam. I'd be back in some minutes." Damon said. I knew he wanted to be alone so I didn't offer to go with him, even if it meant staying back with Caleb.