Chapter 4- YOU'RE FOCUSING ON THE WRONG THINGS.

"Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world."
Acts 15:18 KJV

4- YOU'RE FOCUSING ON THE WRONG THINGS.

"You're all getting weeks of detention!" Grace said, her eyes wide. I had never seen her this upset at anyone.

It was no surprise that the school authority eventually found out what happened. The ignorant boys had forgotten there were CCTV cameras in the hall way and the teachers had checked them out due to the fact that there was tension among the bullies and of course Carlos and Ryan's obviously bruised faces. Although they didn't know the full details, because as expected none of them spilled and I didn't even have the strength to say everything.

The fight between Carlos and Ryan had been brutal, Ryan getting most of the beating. His face was still swollen and his lips busted at the corner. Carlos barely got a bruise on his face. He had been consumed by his anger and he seemed to have not yet gotten a hold of himself, even as he sat staring at his fingers as the teachers addressed us. He had been more quiet than before and this was disturbing seeing as he was naturally a reserved person.

"You're joking! Carlos was the one who charged at me first!" Ryan snapped. Grace winced.

"Ryan don't make me change my mind and give you guys your full punishment. You all deserve suspension! What were you thinking?"

"Obviously, they weren't thinking!" Crystal said angrily.

My friends had found out yesterday, considering the chaos Ryan and Carlos caused. But I was sure it was Shayne who alerted them. It took all the boys, including James and Jackson to separate the two guys. Carlos had pulled himself away roughly planning to head out only for my friends to charge in. Some other students came around too but of course the bullies were not willing to talk there and then and neither was I.

I eventually got to tell my friends all that happened when we had all gathered together later on. Crystal had been furious while Cecilia held on to my hands, like she was afraid to let me go. I had assured them I was alright but Crystal didn't have any of it. She had confronted the bullies later on after dinner, and things escalated from there, prompting the teachers to check the security cameras and summon us this morning.

"I'm honestly disappointed in you all. You are seniors for goodness's sake and ought to be leaders by example. Thank God no juniors are here." Mr Ravi rebuked.

"We're sorry sir." The boys mumbled.

"You're not sorry, guys. So save it. I really hope you'll change." He shook his head and walked out. Grace sighed glancing at Mr Grant who was glaring hard at us, especially the athletes.

"I am HIGHLY disappointed. I will personally see to it that you all observe your detention and if you do push me to the wall, I'd make sure you get suspended!" I almost rolled my eyes. Weren't these coaches and teachers aware of their players' irrational behaviors? Here they were, pretending to be shocked. Even Grace is aware that these kids are dangerous but of course, there wasn't much she could do. At least that is the way it seemed.

And I really hope they didn't mean I was also getting a detention! Wasn't I the victim here?

"Leave." Mr Grant said, sending us out with a scary glare.

Immediately we stepped out of the room, I hurried after Carlos who was walking away very fast.

"Carlos, wait." I said, making him stop after a quick glance at me.

"What's up?" He said in a rushed voice.

"Um, I can talk later if you aren't in the mood to talk." I said, treading cautiously. Carlos sighed.