005

"So

"So...." Taehyung began fruitlessly, not knowing how to overcome the awkward silence that fell amongst the two as soon as they reached the lobby of the company and were ditched by the CEO there.

He couldn't do much, really, except glance at the brunette beside him who busies herself in her phone and seemed to not be bothered by the silence.

In fact, she seemed very comfortable in it.

And that irked him. The fact that she would rather pay attention to any other person than the one standing next to her.

"Do you want to go eat?" She asked him suddenly, startling him for a second as he fully turned towards her now.

"Huh?"

"You don't have to, I was just asking. I'm kind of hungry and the menu at the HYBE café looks pretty good.." Jennie explained as she showed him her screen, the one she was so preoccupied on.

"That's what you were looking at?" He asked, incredulity shining in his voice.

"Well, yes. Good food isn't something I take lightly, Taehyung." She said, making it seem as if that were an obvious fact he should've already known.

He didn't know if he wanted to laugh or die in confusion.

"Why not the cafeteria?" He opted to ask instead, not wanting to indulge in her food fantasies at that moment.

"I looked at that too. The mains are Pizza and Cilantro Pesto Pasta, so absolutely not." She muttered, making a face of utter distaste.

Taehyung couldn't help but smile at that, at them. Despite him knowing her for so many years, this one conversation elicited more emotions from her than years of training did.

He found her amusing, entrancing even.

"Okay, what is it you have against pizza and pasta? They are some of the good mains we get here." He asked, completely forgetting the awkward tension from earlier.

"Pizza is just...pizza. We won't get into that. And I have nothing against pasta, I just cannot stand cilantro. Eugh." She winced at the end, as if even saying the name would cause her to choke up and die.

"O-kay then. Café it is." He concluded as he reached for his mask at the same time as Jennie.

"What kind of food do you not like?" She asked again suddenly as he pair stepped out of the building and proceeded to walk to the building next to their office.

"Me? Why?" He panicked, mentally cursing himself for the defensive reply.

"Just because. You know about mine, and I really don't know how else to engage in small talk. Humour me." She nudged on as he chuckled, finding it funny for no absolute reason.

Maybe she just made him giddy.

Huh.

"Well....I don't particularly dislike anything. Maybe coffee?" He added as Jennie suddenly stopped.