Chapter 16

I woke up to Kit diving onto the duvet, his paws pressing against me repeatedly until he shoves me off the bed. My body hitting the floor in a loud 'thud' which then caused Kakashi to bust into the room, Kunai in hand.

"What happened?!"

He asks loudly as I groan underneath the material on top of me.

"Aimi?"

I hear footsteps approach before the duvet is whipped off of me, my body laying on the floor as Kit perches on the edge of the bed, looking at me all smug.

"God you can be such an asshole..."

I growl, gazing at my fox so the ninja knows I'm talking to Kit and not him.

"Here."

Kakashi extends his hand down to me and I reach up, placing mine in his, his fingers tightening around it as he pulls me swiftly to my feet. My other hand shoving my fox as he stumbles off the bed.

"Jerk."

I mutter before I smile at the Jonin, my eyes gazing up at him as I yawn.

"Did you sleep at all?"

I ask as I step around him to walk out into the living area.

"No, I'm supposed to be guarding you, remember?"

I gaze at him from over my shoulder, my eyebrows raising as I sigh.

"Yes... I remember. And do you remember when I said I didn't need a baby sitter?"

I snap back, trying to match his tone. Clearly he is grumpy because he's been awake all night but he doesn't need to be all pissy with me. I didn't ask for his help.

"I do."

"So, if you want to leave then leave. I'll be fine, I have Kit."

I mutter again, opening the fridge as I grab another bottle of water. My nose sniffing the air as I look over at a pot of hot, dark brown water.

"What's this?"

I ask, my nose sniffing it closer as a shiver goes down my back.

"That's coffee. Have you not had it before?"

I sense Kakashi stop beside me as he leans over me, grabbing too mugs from the shelf above me as I get that warm feeling in my cheeks again. Why does it keep happening when he's around?

"Here, try it."

The ninja pours me a cup and hands it to me, my eyes dropping to it as I accept it, the cup warming my palms as I lift it to my lips as I sniff it again before taking a sip.

"Whoa..."

My eyes glow orange for a second as I drink more of it, Kakashi chuckling as he leans against the kitchen countertop a hand on his hip.

"Easy, you'll be bouncing off the walls of you drink too much."

I ignore him as I finish my cup, pouring myself another.

"I'll be fine."

I chuckle as I take another sip, my body shivering again in satisfaction as I look at the masked ninja who is suddenly quiet.

"Kakashi? Is everything okay?"

"Hmm?"

He looks up at me, giving me a smile as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Of course... I..."

Knock, Knock

My gaze moves from the tall ninja to the door, moving to it as Kakashi takes my wrist, suspicion in his eye.