june 11, 2023

Nervous.

How can i not be.

People are coming to see me, for marriage.

And, its not in my home.

I along with my little family, are going my relatives place where the his family is visiting to see me.

Trust me, i belong to a middle class, desi muslim family where the girl that is bride in this case its me... Is not shown the picture of the guy she is going to marry.

But... I am laughing. I saw the guy's picture without my parents knowledge.

He looked..... Good.

I had heard my parents talk, the family is very modern and very friendly.

We left my house to go to chennai, which is around 3 hours far and including traffic its 5 hours far.

Ya i know...!!!

So, we left my place by 5:00 early in the morning and reached that place my 10:00.

We reached their, had breakfast and as i have to look good. My mom told me to sleep for a while.

And you know what more to add my tiredness, i had my periods.

Its difficult. I can't even pray.

Anyways, i slept till 1:00.

While, pappa, faisal, sameer bhaiya and Sadullah chicha went to his place to see him.

Aroun 1, when i had just woken up they came back.

Sameer bhaiya said only one thing "the people are really good, but the only problem is language."

The guy doesn't know urdu, and only Tamil and i don't know Tamil, only Urdu.

How am i going live my whole life.

I was confused.
In our family, the girls who is getting married has no say in her own marriage.  So i kept quite, convincing myself if he is the one for me, i will accept.

We had lunch, and my mom said me to get ready.

I took bath, and changed into ink blue kurti and same coloured lehenga with same colour dupatta.

I loved the outfit, then i did my makeup then worn jewelry.

And i was done.

I sat, and scrolled through the insta.

Few minutes later, my mom and Asifa chachi started speaking "is it really ok if the guy comes" My mom asked to her aunt.

One second, the guy is coming.

No, that's not done in our family.

The girl and the boy don't meet each other before marriage.

Then it was decided, he is coming too

I grew more nervous.

I just wished, he doesn't want to meet me alone.

After like half an hour, they arrived.

The ladies sat in the other room, while gents sat in the living room.

Few minutes later, i was called to meet the ladies.

I slowly walked, controlling my nervousness and shyness.

I greeted the 3 ladies, who replied back. Later i got to know, they were the his mother, his bhabi and bhabi's mother.

They spoke a lot, they enquired my education, my age.

The family seemed really cool and my nervousness slowed down.